National Guardsman Shot Dead In Mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why were they in mexico? I hope this situation wasn't because they crossed the border just for fun. It sucks to hear about stuff like this, unfortunately nothing will happen.

We have no soldiers in Mexico. Those young guys went as tourists. If I were a young man I might go myself in spite of the danger. It's more dangerous down there than it was when I was a young man, but bandits have been murdering tourists for years. Sympathy for the families.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we as a country do a lot of business with Mexico but they killed one of our soldiers today. We better retaliate with force.

Why is it important that this particular US citizen was a soldier? I respect his service, but if he made a bad, non-military decision (to go there in the first place) then I don't see that the mantle of respect we have finally conferred on the military (for the moment anyway, Tommy-this and Tommy-that), extends to personal visits to hazardous locations.

If he had been killed in a car wreck down there, we wouldn't be seeing all this stuff. I strongly suspect he got caught in a crossfire. Hope he wasn't otherwise involved, and doubt that he was.

But, going to war with who? We really need another war right now, where we don't know who to fight. I think we should bury the dead with whatever honors are appropriate and find a way to put the cartels out of the business we support so well right now. CB

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nuevo Laredo use to have the coolest Tequila liquor store. They had a bar inside the liquor store and let you sample for FREE different brands of tequila.

My wife and I fell in love with El Jimador: The Best!!!!

apopsop.ru_wp_content_uploads_el_jimador_tequila.jpg

Dang if NL(Nuevo Laredo) and Juarez have become HORRIBLE border towns.
Yes, I know that what I just wrote is a MISNOMER...border towns are always bad!!!

A few years ago I had to do an environmental job in El Paso. I asked the job foreman if there were any good chicken fights or things to do in Juarez.

***He told me not to go there(he was from there)....at that time they had found 30+ shallow graves of young women..... in Juarez. The drug cartel tells or show a picture of a model/woman and wants their soldiers to find a woman close to that description......those poor girls.

I was told that if I went alone....I WOULD be captured, they would extract my phone number, tell my wife to send money for my release. The next day if it had not been(money) over nighted, they would start sending my body parts to my wife as a reminder of the freedom payment.

Ultimately...I would be killed...a lengthy and drawn out process at the fun of the cartel and my wife devestated.

Everyone knows to stay away from Mexican Border towns....BUT in the past few years...if you go there....you're playing with fire!!!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have met the enemy, and he is us. I am sorry for the deaths, but the cartels are there because of the incredible demand for drugs in--get ready--our country. Until we fix the demand problem, the cartels are going to keep it up.

So how do we do that. Legalization is the only way I can see that might work. I am not comfortable with that, but I seem to be less comfortable with any other solution, and in fact see no other possible solution at this time.

Oh! Wait! Let's declare war on drugs! Yeah. That's the ticket . . . CB

We would have to legalize ALL illegal drugs for that to work.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We would have to legalize ALL illegal drugs for that to work.

I wouldn't agree with that Rick... Harder drugs don't have the widespread use like marijuana. We don't have to eliminate their racket completely, just cut their funding from say Full autos for all to maybe hi-points for half of them. Maybe the Mexican Army and police could handle them.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot, legalizing marijuana won't do crap. Most of their income comes from narcotics anyways. Plus, weapons are cheap on the black market... It wouldn't stop squat. the drug lord would just have to commit more crime to acquire the weapons they need, or sell one of the mansions they own to buy an entire arsenal.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't agree with that Rick... Harder drugs don't have the widespread use like marijuana. We don't have to eliminate their racket completely, just cut their funding from say Full autos for all to maybe hi-points for half of them. Maybe the Mexican Army and police could handle them.

If we legalized pot they would just start bringing in more cocaine and other hard drugs. They would probably use the old trick of giving some away until they get enough people hooked then start selling at a high price. These are hardcore criminals folks and will not give up just because we take away one source of funds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom