Would you send your 13 year old daughter to southern Mexico?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would it be wise to send your 13 year old daughter to Mexico for Spring Break?

• Yes, no worries

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Yes, if she went with 25 bodyguards

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No, absolutely not

Votes: 80 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't and I don't think Obama should either. I agree with JB that hating on Obamas kids and hoping Obama would go there is a bit nasty, even if he is a really crappy president. I LOL'd at the royal guard comment though, i'm sure they will keep her as safe as possible.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, the jokes about it being alright for Obama's daughter to go, but not your own are pretty tasteless. The implication is it is ok for Obama's daughter to be in a potential harm's way, but not your own. Come on guys, you are better than that. She's a kid.

Once again, this outright hatred of Obama (which is extended to his children and wife) is nothing but a distraction and really kind of disgusting. How hard is it not to personalize politics against a couple of kids?

You mad bro?

Seriously though, this is Oklahoma (one of the top 5 red states in the u.s.) and your also on a gun forum. I am pretty sure they are being sarcastic but even if they are not, you really shouldn't be surprised.

Here on OSA, You're outnumbered more than boy george at a klan rally Mr. Books.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Obama wants to send his daughter to Mexico for vacation then I say his choice. But i feel secret service protection should stop at the border. The taxpayers shouldn't be paying the bill.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, the jokes about it being alright for Obama's daughter to go, but not your own are pretty tasteless. The implication is it is ok for Obama's daughter to be in a potential harm's way, but not your own. Come on guys, you are better than that. She's a kid.

Once again, this outright hatred of Obama (which is extended to his children and wife) is nothing but a distraction and really kind of disgusting. How hard is it not to personalize politics against a couple of kids?

I think his wife is worse then he is ........ :(

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the big concern?

Some local news stories from Oaxaca, the location of the vacation:
Executed activist in Oaxaca
Friday, March 16, 2012

Bernardo Vazquez Sanchez, leader of the United Peoples Coordinator Ocotlán Valley (CPUVO), organizing opposition to the operation of a mine in the area, died after being ambushed near the town of Santa Lucia Ocotlán, state officials said.

According to early reports issued by the CPUVO and Section 22 of SNTE, the incident occurred about 22:00 pm yesterday in one of the cruises of St. Lucia, belonging to the district municipality Ocotlan, in the Central Valley.

Child comes to school in Morelos with a grenade ...
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No one believed a child between 9 and 10 years old when he said he brought a grenade in his backpack. But first their friends and teachers and administrators of elementary school Otilio Montaño, the city of Cuautla, were surprised to find that the girl brought her belongings into the explosive device.

Minutes later, the area which houses the school was almost taken by military, federal police and uniformed municipal and state firefighters even arrived at the campus for the possibility that the grenade exploded and caused casualties or damage.

Military personnel specialized in disabling such weapons, was asked to take custody and responsibility for the grenade he was carrying the child in his backpack. The soldiers discovered that the explosive device had the fuse in place, that should have been removed may have caused a tragedy in that school.

The discovery of the grenade in a school backpack, occurs in a context that has meaning Morelos as one of the states where organized crime gangs have been involved in bloody clashes with each other, or with both federal security forces as local, or even against the military. Criminal groups have the state as a strategic location for its proximity to the City and its vicinity to Guerrero, Puebla, Oaxaca and Mexico state.

Candidate is executed Queen Pineapple Fair in Oaxaca
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Viviana Ramirez Melendez, who was 34 years old, residing in 76 of Guanajuato Street neighborhood The Escobeta of the city of Loma Bonita, Oaxaca and Jorge Luis Alvarez Ramirez, 36
old, who was domiciled in Benedict Street 12 of the colony Juarez Vazquez Vela, Jose Azueta Veracruz.

Were shot by an armed group gave chase from Loma Bonita, Oaxaca and at kilometer 35 to the height in the section Loma Bonita, The Chapel in the municipality of José Azueta, the truck was traveling rafagueada, which presented more than 50 bullets, killing both occupants instantly.

The truck was overturned with Voyager wheels upward to the side of the federal highway, while the murderers escaped to an unknown destination, leaving materially shattered his two victims.

The Attorney General of the State of Veracruz through the Public Ministry researcher Joseph Azueta, became aware of the facts and moved the bodies to SEMEFO Island Town, where they would practice the autopsy.
http://www.blogdelnarco.com/?s=Oaxaca

It may seem perfectly safe in the tourist resort sections, but there is no magic barrier that prevents the violence from spilling over into them.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Kinda hypocritical isn't it? Tasteless twits and idiots on the side of douche bag democrats didn't have a problem attacking Palin's daughters but they wanna cry foul if anyone says anything about Obuttma's ilk. Cry me a freakin' river. :(

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What kind of 13 yr old gets to go out of the country for spring break is what I'm wondering.

I could generalize about parenting but I'd be flamed by the flamers here.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda hypocritical isn't it? Tasteless twits and idiots on the side of douche bag democrats didn't have a problem attacking Palin's daughters but they wanna cry foul if anyone says anything about Obuttma's ilk. Cry me a freakin' river. :(

Not on my part. They horses' asses that attacked Palin's kids are just as bad. However, we were not discussing Palin's kids.

Additionally, Palin's oldest daughter put herself in the public eye willingly by do the Dancing show. But I don't think anyone expressed, either explicitly or implicitly, a wish that she would be hurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom