Ya’lls kids!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These youngins aren’t pulling their weight on repopulating the planet either.

IMG_5649.jpeg

You guys know we’re just a giant meat farm for aliens and they’re gonna be pissed about this.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask your children in they know what an allen wrench is or what a carburetor is.

When my grandson Grey turned 4 I gave him a set of allen wrenches.
he lit up and said NO WAY!
Another adult standing beside me said he probably does not even know what those are.

I said Grey what are those.
He said : ALLEN TOOLS! :)

That is what he wanted after fixing some things with me and using those.

He is 5 now and may not know John Wayne but he can reload ammo and has good knife and scissor skills. Really good at adding and multiplying numbers and counting money.

I have not got him casting a level wind reel yet. Wife does not do that either though.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually funny, sad and disgusting and expected. The difference between actors of yore and today? They actually had a bit of class (the actors of yore). Chuck Norris may not have been as classy as some, but he is still living and looks as though he stays as fit as possible, says out of politics and commentary, but still supports causes he feels strongly about. Compare him to an actor like sylvester stallone who schlocks out his family...

Last edited:

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brain dead kids I hire that work for me are the same way.
During a discussion the other day, a really sharp 24 year old girl on my crew said she had never heard of I Love Luvy or Tim Allen.

My issue is that if it's a 30+ year old show or movie, I might be familiar. She'll mention current movies and their actors, none of whom I've ever heard of.
I'm fine with that. I try to do stuff at home besides sit in front of the damn tv.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't fault anyone for being ignorant of movie stars or pop culture.

I do believe the disconnect between us "old guys" and everyone else is we remember when the heroes of the movies reflected American ideals. When I was a kid, if some clown on TV started in on a routine that Dad deemed inappropriate, the TV was simply switched off.

Gradually, the television (and of course now cell phones/internet) have replaced dads as being the guiding force for today's youth.

We lost the battle when Ford/Edison lost the motion picture industry. I'd love to see how American history would look had that not happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom