Ya Know Ya Live in the Country When...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
i understand shooting dogs, yotes, snakes, and a whole heap of other non welcome intruders. our cattle have always been a way to put good beef on the table and my dad would have put bird shot in my ass if i did something like that and i extend the same courtesy to other individuals cattle

You understand shooting dogs (also someone elses property), but you don't understand cattle? Both causing destruction, yet you give the thumbs up to killing one, but it's not OK to give a sore rump to the other? Hmmm......is it the big ole brown eyes that cause that?

Tell you what. I'm a very tolerant, critter-lovin' person and want to give these poor intruding bovine the utmost respect. So, if you'll pm me your phone number, I'll be glad to call you tomorrow morning and you can come lead any pleasant-attitude-challenged livestock to their own pastures without any lead in their asses. Deal?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in the bottom right hand side of the individuals post there is a button that says quote, just give her a click, if you want to multiquote click on the button next to it on as many posts as you want and the last one hit the regular quote button

Thanks, I was trying to explain that I've seen my dad, and I've seen my neighbor, sprinkle their own cattle with a downward arc of #8. No harm done.
I wouldn't do it myself,but that's just me.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were raised right sir.

Amen to that

The more lead they have in their ass, the more they weigh at the sale barn.

Amen to that too
in the bottom right hand side of the individuals post there is a button that says quote, just give her a click, if you want to multiquote click on the button next to it on as many posts as you want and the last one hit the regular quote button

see like this

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I was trying to explain that I've seen my dad, and I've seen my neighbor, sprinkle their own cattle with a downward arc of #8. No harm done.
There isn't a whole lot of choice with some of them. I don't know what the deal is with the cattle out here, but some of them you can't seem to just herd or "shoo" out. I have no problem running out the regular cattle from the yard, but every now and there has been occasion that I've ran into obstinate ones and they've required some lead persuasion. The owner of the cattle knows about it, and even encouraged it.

One of the times was a young bull who charged anyone who came out of the house, it was nuts. That one is VERY lucky that I didn't use more dramatic means. I couldn't get ahold of the owner and had to leave. It left a nice size dent in the side of one of my trucks, etc. As far as fences...they have already tromped over several of them. For the record, I have fence all around my yard except for the front driveway and believe it or not, that's not where most of them are entering the yard at.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to each their own but i would think a downward arch would be better that leaning out your front door and destroying someone elses way of living
Amen to that

Amen to that too

see like this

like a pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom