• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Yamaha PW50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
FWIW....Don't get one that has had the exhaust modified. I bought one without the exhaust restriction. On a perfectly smooth surface or downhill when the clutch finally grabs it'll go 30mph. Also, they are single speed and geared too high so they won't climb small inclines. I don't see a how a unmodified one could either. I tried a throttle stop but that wouldn't tame the speed and made the climbing worse. Our property was too hilly.

I sold the pw50 and bought the kids a Yamaha TTR50. It had electric start which is the greatest thing ever added to a kids dirtbike. Having to chase kids down to kick start a bike after they kill it on the other end of the property is a PITA. And depending on the terrain, you can select the best gear for climbing hills and leave it in gear and let them go.

I just sold the ttr50 unfortunately. But I may let go of a 1980 Yamaha DT125 that needs some work. I got run over my a horse on it and haven't had time to fix it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom