You using this sight 99% buy sell. Advertise correctly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno, I've only seen a few ads on OSA that made me go 🙄😤

Meanwhile on Armslist, you have people posting ads with just a single line of text, no pics.

One particular gentleman has been posting a gun I want for like 3 months. He doesn't include any contact info, and his ads are always ALL CAPS.

🙄😤

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the rules on shotgunworld.com classifieds. They are VERY detailed and I must be brain dead because every time I have posted an ad, it would get removed because I missed a small requirement that they take very seriously. I was even threatened for a ban on the last one.

Maybe we should go that route here? To save you the digging, it is here:

https://www.shotgunworld.com/thread...ing-in-all-sections-improved-04-14-24.545548/

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then they post postage stamp pictures you have to click on to open then click again to increase the size of the photo then maneuver the mouse to see different features on the over blown pictures.

I'm sorry, but if you are so damn lazy you can't post a full sized mage in your post, I'm not interested in your gun.

One big pet peeve is they put a dark gun on a dark or busy pattern background. No contrast at all.

Again, not interested.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta admit... Sometimes I look at ads in the Classifieds and think to myself, "I hope this person isn't in the sales business."

It's like placing an ad that says: "Gun For Sale... Text for info and pics."

Why in the hell don't you just put the pictures and info in the ad one time instead of having to respond to who knows how many text messages? I just shake my head at some of the stuff I see...especially the prices.
This is my rifle. This is my gun…. They are selling alright, just not firearms. Where do you think Rick gets all the disturbing pics?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently viewed an ad on Marketplace. Most pathetic ad I have ever seen, totally nondescript. Pics were useless, blurry, far away, nothing to enhance the ad.

Sent a message: Pertinent info needed. Useful pics required.

Their response: READ AD!!!!!

The ad: RV, clean, good shape, well maintained, ready for use. Price to sale.

3 days go by and I get a message.
"Are you still interested?"

My response: awaiting pertinent info and pics

Latest posts

Top Bottom