Best place in the state of Oklahoma or Texas to buy a vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Given this is a crazy market to purchase a vehicle, you'll likely play close to sticker on a new vehicle. I would stick to a new vehicle since the used car market is over priced and when prices drops it will likely drop fast.

Since you're willing to drive to Dallas, I would suggest using How to Buy a Car. Tips. Reviews. Certified Dealer Ratings; New & Used Cars for Sale | CarPro to find a dealer once you determine the make/model you want. They will treat you right. Comments about Sewell are correct, they aren't always the cheapest but you are treated very well.

I'm a very quiet guy, but before this current car market, I would walk out on a car deal during the sales process or finance office if they started screwing with me. At Toyota of McKinney (TX) the salesman presented me with a full blown over priced full of add-on price after we agreed to something different. I cussed and hollered so loud for my keys, the entire place got quiet. Never saw that salesman again. The "sales manager" took care of me and I got them down another $500. I also never buy Toyota extended warranties from the dealership for new vehicles. There are other dealers that will sell them for less.

As for dealerships: Barry Sanders Supercenter in Stillwater stood behind a used Nissan my dad purchased from them. Dad overpaid for the car (salesman didn't see the website pricing) but the dealership allowed me to swap checks for the purchase. Then something went wrong a month later, I don't even remember what it was. They paid for the repair ($1200) after taking it to a sister dealership in OKC. The did screw around with the title, took 3+ months for it to arrive from Florida. - I would never buy from it feels like they are about to go under. Just a feeling.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay far, far away from the dealerships in Pauls Valley (and any other locations they have).

I won’t mention by name, or give any specifics, because I don’t want a cease & desist letter in the mail from them, as that has been a common answer from anyone who has spoken negatively about their experiences there. Just stay far away.

David Stanley Dodge and the Toyota dealer in mwc both tried to pull old school dealer tricks, I wouldn’t recommend either.

Fowler Toyota was easy to deal with, but I did not get the best deal; they know they don’t have to haggle to get peoples’ business. But they were professional and courteous, and did nothing unethical. I’d buy there again.
Johnny Robert’s in Altus treated me right about 7 years ago. No knowledge of them now.
The Chevy dealer in Purcell was good to deal with when it was Zeck, but I know they had some salesmen turnover when it changed owners recently.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion:

Bad:
David Stanley
Landers
Bob howard
Khalidy
Five star ford in Dallas

Good:
Hellack Chevy in Davis. Old lady’s family is close with the owners, real great people.

Classic BMW in Dallas. I haven’t bought anything from them, but their parts dept/service dept are pretty pleasant to deal with, or at least were 3 years ago. Know quite a few guys who bought from them and had good things to say.

Sewell in Dallas is supposed to be pretty good too.

Eskridge Lexus here in OKC is pretty great. I test drove a few cars with them, was never pressured into talking money until I wanted to. They were always happy to give me prices on cars too, even used. When my fiancé bought her car with them it was the easiest car buying experience ever. They’re pretty firm on prices, but we had a good price on her car, and still got it knocked down $1500 on top of that. After test driving the car, we negotiated, signed paperwork, and we’re leaving the lot in just under an hour. She takes her car there for oil changes too, they’re always pleasant, professional, and easy to deal with. A little pricey, but that’s any luxury dealership for you. Oh and they don’t charge paperwork fees or other miscellaneous money making scams either. First time I’ve ever seen such a thing in a dealership.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you can search the whole nation from your couch… why not. We are trading in my wife’s car for a little more than we paid for it in Oct 2018. New cars are a better deal than used cars, just have to be able to order wait. Will be even better deals if you can just wait for the crash on car prices when supply finally catches up.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay far, far away from the dealerships in Pauls Valley (and any other locations they have).

I won’t mention by name, or give any specifics, because I don’t want a cease & desist letter in the mail from them, as that has been a common answer from anyone who has spoken negatively about their experiences there. Just stay far away.

David Stanley Dodge and the Toyota dealer in mwc both tried to pull old school dealer tricks, I wouldn’t recommend either.

Fowler Toyota was easy to deal with, but I did not get the best deal; they know they don’t have to haggle to get peoples’ business. But they were professional and courteous, and did nothing unethical. I’d buy there again.
Johnny Robert’s in Altus treated me right about 7 years ago. No knowledge of them now.
The Chevy dealer in Purcell was good to deal with when it was Zeck, but I know they had some salesmen turnover when it changed owners recently.
I'll say it. Seth Wadley

Also heard lots of good things about Mike Helleck. However, my son was in there last week and show room was completely empty.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought Jeeps, and Dodge Trucks, excursively since 1999. most from Milton's, in Claremore! They won't honor the deals they make! We bought the last new vehicle at Glovers in Owasso, a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We went there for service, then took our 2010 Wrangler for service and an estimate on some leaks. The price was ridiculous, so we took it to Crown in Bristow. They found two leaks Glover didn't, one was a hole in the transmission fluid cooling line, to the radiator, and the transmission WAS THREE QUARTS LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glover had just serviced it two days before, and oviously hadn't even checked the transmission fluid level! This is the second time Crown in Bristow saved us a lot of money, likely a new transmission in this case! The other time we took this same Wrangler to Cicles Discount Tire in Sand Springs, and they wanted $1100.00 for some break work, I then took it to Crown in Bristow, and they did the same job only used Mopar Parts, for about $250.00 These guys in the service department are good at what they do, and above all HONEST! The next new vehicle we buy wil likley come from Crown, even If we have to order it!

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Or any other state I guess…

I don’t want to start a discussion and hear all the current stuff everyone is saying about how dealers are marking up prices right now and blah blah blah. We all know how the market is going and how these dealerships are marking prices up.. I don’t absolutely have to buy a vehicle this year but I’m not sure if next year will be a much better time to buy.

I just want to hear of your past experiences at new or used car dealerships in the state of OK or TX. I don’t mind driving to Tulsa if it means getting a good deal or even Dallas…

I am curious to hear of any members that have bought a car recently and how it went at whichever dealership you chose.

We are wanting to buy a SUV by the end of the year since kiddo #2 will be here next year.. I figure the month of December (preferably the last week) is the best time to buy a vehicle. No real preference on brand. We just know we want some form of SUV again since she stupidly sold her Ford Explorer. Oh well, live and learn.

Hell, I’m even open to buying from one of you if you got something me and my wife may like…

Thanks OSA. Hope to hear y'all's input.
First thing you need to remember is they are not selling you a car, they are selling you a financial package.

Best bet is honestly getting a pre-approval loan from where ever and checking the classifieds here first.

One thing about this place that I like is how honest these people are. Also the ones I have done financial transactions or otherwise are very reasonable.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. You are playing THEIR ga.e, on THEIR field, with THEIR rules. Go in prepared or get screwed.

I have bought 5 from The Ford House in Wichita Falls.
Last 2 were from Billingsley in Lawton.
Ask for Chris.
Had no intention of buying a vehicle. Went in to check on granddaughter's car being serviced.
Chris said he needed a sale and wanted to earn my business. He did.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion:

Bad:
David Stanley
Landers
Bob howard
Khalidy
Five star ford in Dallas

Good:
Hellack Chevy in Davis. Old lady’s family is close with the owners, real great people.

Classic BMW in Dallas. I haven’t bought anything from them, but their parts dept/service dept are pretty pleasant to deal with, or at least were 3 years ago. Know quite a few guys who bought from them and had good things to say.

Sewell in Dallas is supposed to be pretty good too.

Eskridge Lexus here in OKC is pretty great. I test drove a few cars with them, was never pressured into talking money until I wanted to. They were always happy to give me prices on cars too, even used. When my fiancé bought her car with them it was the easiest car buying experience ever. They’re pretty firm on prices, but we had a good price on her car, and still got it knocked down $1500 on top of that. After test driving the car, we negotiated, signed paperwork, and we’re leaving the lot in just under an hour. She takes her car there for oil changes too, they’re always pleasant, professional, and easy to deal with. A little pricey, but that’s any luxury dealership for you. Oh and they don’t charge paperwork fees or other miscellaneous money making scams either. First time I’ve ever seen such a thing in a dealership.
Agree with you on Eskridge Lexus. Just had a great experience there and the price was better than all my other online shopping searches. Salesman "Navi" will treat you right !

Latest posts

Top Bottom