Your Damn Roads!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defending comments from a Californian, I feel like the preacher in Blazing Saddles, defending the new sheriff from the mob (until they shoot right through his Bible and then he says, "You're on your own!").

But the man has a point. Oklahoma has some of the sorriest roads in the country. I've ever seen gravel roads in other states in better shape than the PAVED roads here.
The first time I drove through Nichols Hills, I thought WTH, these obviously rich folks get the same roads the poor folks get???
I told a born and bred Okie one time that in this state, you'd never know that asphalt is a petroleum product. You would think it was made from some rare mineral or something. And they just laughed like hell.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're driving that Dodge pickup in your avatar, it should be that bad. I have a very small car that is set up for handling. So its low and the ride is very stiff. I drive to Stillwater via I-35 from Ponca City to avoid the buckling pavement/ speedbumps of 177.

Latest posts

Top Bottom