Your Damn Roads!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They FINALLY fixed the bouncy stretch over the bridges for the Kilpatrick on the west side of OKC.

Did they mill the concrete or what? I took our 36’ RV across that stretch at the advertised speed limit once and just about lost control. Fortunately there was no traffic in the lane next to me or the shoulder because we were all over both.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did they mill the concrete or what? I took our 36’ RV across that stretch at the advertised speed limit once and just about lost control. Fortunately there was no traffic in the lane next to me or the shoulder because we
I believe they completely replaced them, but @CHenry could probably answer that question.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they mill the concrete or what? I took our 36’ RV across that stretch at the advertised speed limit once and just about lost control. Fortunately there was no traffic in the lane next to me or the shoulder because we were all over both.

Replaced all the bridge beams, widened it all to be able to have 6 lanes in the future. Just 4 lanes for now, but likely just so there isn't the short stretch with 6, causing lots of merging back and forth.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love our dirt road...keeps the riff raff away...

We live on twisting, turning, up, down, angled ...dusty ...dusty dirt road.....goes for seven miles in either direction from our house...You cannot keep the inside of your car clean.

One of those roads..where you hear banjos in the distance....and you pray you don't run out of gas.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I believe they completely replaced them, but @CHenry could probably answer that question.
They reworked the piers. The original piers were either set to shallow and settled or something to that effect. I was told before that an engineer calculated the deflection on the prestressed beams wrong but I say no beam work, they were redoing piers somehow. I'm no bridge guy so I'm only regurgitating what I was told.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
T
Replaced all the bridge beams, widened it all to be able to have 6 lanes in the future. Just 4 lanes for now, but likely just so there isn't the short stretch with 6, causing lots of merging back and forth.
Hey didn't replace any beams AFAIK, they did pier work and yes, added beams for a wider bridge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom