Yuengling Beer Coming to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I use to travel to Rochester/Webster the motel my company booked had a keg of Yuengling every night for all of us. Many mornings puking/crapping my guts out because of that keg beer lol. After the 1st week for a 3 week stay I stopped par taking with the keg because I found another beer that IMO was much better, Genesee cream ale. The motel manager seen I was buying my own and not drinking the Yuengling so from that point on they’d always have a yeti full of it Genesee lol
Can’t remember but at least 6-8 months living at the hotel during my stays; I as well as everyone else going to school smelt like breweries, even the professors.
I don’t drink any more but I can see why some would be happy. I know everyone from across the world that stayed at our “party shack” enjoyed it, but of course it was free!
We had a similar hotel south of San Antonio we frequented when visiting our field office down there. No kegs, but they cycled out bus tubs full of beer and ice with a large tip jar sitting on one of the tables. Good times were had there for sure!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had always heard that Fat Tire wasn't sold in OK because it couldn't be sold cold (how true it was IDK). But now its in all kinds of stores stacked on the end cap.

That’s why they didn’t sell it here. At first it couldn’t be kept cold because of the backward ass laws. Now it’s because of the backward ass people selling it.

It tastes like **** if it is ever allowed to get warm. At one time I drank a lot of it. I quit about 25 years ago when my waist line started on its current trek into the upper 30’s. The difference in the taste between one kept cold and one allowed to have been warm was not slight. It was dramatic. Like a bad pour of Guinness.

I thought it was a great beer, but it ain’t for everyone. It certainly has a different taste, but I thought it was delicious. Much like a properly poured tap Guinness. The only problem I saw with it was I prefer to drink my beer in copious quantities. Half a dozen of either of those and I’m pretty much done drinking beer for the evening. If it’s gonna be a 1-2 beer evening in a restaurant bar, I’ll have one or the other if they’re available. If it’s a 12 pak on the porch or around a fire I drink something a little thinner.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PXL_20230903_015927328.jpg

I'd give this a 4.2/5. Definitely the best Oktoberfest style beer I've ever had that wasn't brewed in Moore.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me 8 different stops to find it, and the one place I found it was limiting it to one 6 pack per customer. Apparently that stuff is kinda rare this year....
The only liquor store in Tonkawa Ok has stacks of it. I've never tried it, but this thread makes me want to pick up a 6 pack and try it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The only liquor store in Tonkawa Ok has stacks of it. I've never tried it, but this thread makes me want to pick up a 6 pack and try it.
Yeungling is good…regular is a lot like Shiner, so if you’re a Shiner fan, you’ll probably like regular Yeungling.
Their specialty brews can be really nice. I’ll have to go take a peek at the class 6 or the liquor store in town.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeungling is good…regular is a lot like Shiner, so if you’re a Shiner fan, you’ll probably like regular Yeungling.
Their specialty brews can be really nice. I’ll have to go take a peek at the class 6 or the liquor store in town.
I like Shiner Bock. Along with Fat Tire. I have a hard time deciding between the two if both are offered.
On tap, I always look for an IPA with a high IBU. It tastes like grapefruit to me, but others don't care for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom