100% Gas Gone on 1 May????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son who lives in North Texas was told recently by one of the few service station operators around his area that had 100% gas that as of 1 May he would no longer be selling 100% as a nationwide ban on 100% gas would take effect. I had to call BS on that one, but figured I better post to my more knowledgeable brothers/sisters on OSA and get your thoughts.

Has anybody heard of any MANDATE by the federal government that ALL gasoline have some percentage of ethanol....??

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard something similar from a station operator up here - he was previously "100% Gas" only in regular, mid, and premium grades but had to give up selling mid grade and replace it with corn gas - said they made him clean out one of his tanks because he had to sell it starting May 1. Maybe something like that going on down there?

Darn shame, since there are still a number of vehicles including some built in the last few years that do not like ethanol (I lose anywhere from 3 to 7 mpg on E10 when I can't find real gas), not to mention most older and some current small utility engines.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about May 1st, but for Oklahoma ....it's just a matter of time.

**Stong/Liberal EPA+No Vapor Recovery Nozzle on Gas Pump Handles+Ozone Non-Attainment+No Vehicle Inspections= JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

Unless the State is going to really push for Natural Gas and the building of those fueling stations to try and bypass regulations with "green" fuel............."real" gasoline is going to be history...like the dinosaurs.

1st time I filled up my truck in Houston with E-10/Ethanol...d@mn thing wouldn't start for a few days after I parked at the house that evening. Plus, I didn't pay attention to the fuel pump...they didn't state alternative gas...thought I was buying the same stuff as before.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW,,, I hope not. My Harley loves the 100% gas. My truck would love it if I had the money to put it in that. 36 gallon tank is not so nice at the gas pump.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
both my cars lose 10% mpg, and my small tools cant have it at all--at least that's what the Stihl dealer told me

Latest posts

Top Bottom