100% Gas Gone on 1 May????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this rumor, but I do know that QT has been experimenting with offering 100% gas. They sell it at store #1 (I44 & Peoria) but only in low grade. They said that they have gotten some positive feedback and are considering rolling it out to other locations when they build new stores.

You guys should hit up QT and voice support if you want to see more of it. http://www.quiktrip.com/Feedback

I submitted a comment for this.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having lived on the east coast I find it funny how a lot of you say your lawn mower, weed eater etc etc won't work with 10%eth. You guys realize manufacturer do not make different models for Oklahoma VS other states. All you can buy is 10%eth on the east and everything worked great out there from 20 year old lawn mowers to brand new off the shelf lawn equipment including Stihl which I owned and ran eth through it for years.

Everything will be OK.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this rumor, but I do know that QT has been experimenting with offering 100% gas. They sell it at store #1 (I44 & Peoria) but only in low grade. They said that they have gotten some positive feedback and are considering rolling it out to other locations when they build new stores.

You guys should hit up QT and voice support if you want to see more of it. http://www.quiktrip.com/Feedback

That was their test store. The new store on Utica (#90) is also selling it and the store up on Tulsa hills is also selling it. Basically any remodeled or new store they are splitting a 20k tank and making a 12k Unl no eth and 8k prem tank.

Also don't get that cozy feeling in your heart thinking it's 100%. Tankers that delivery have eth in the compartments and after a few deliveries the eth will be 1-3%. :)

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW,,, I hope not. My Harley loves the 100% gas. My truck would love it if I had the money to put it in that. 36 gallon tank is not so nice at the gas pump.

I did the math an pay 3%-5% more for real gas and get approximately 10% better gas mileage. That means it's actually cheaper to buy the real stuff. It hurts to fill that truck up but lasts longer when I do.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

As far as know, there's only one station in Enid that doesn't sell 100% gas, Walmart(Murphy USA). All the others have stickers on the pumps and signs out front saying ethanol free gasoline, it's been like that since shortly after the ethanol craze began. Smaller surrounding towns are the same.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having lived on the east coast I find it funny how a lot of you say your lawn mower, weed eater etc etc won't work with 10%eth. You guys realize manufacturer do not make different models for Oklahoma VS other states. All you can buy is 10%eth on the east and everything worked great out there from 20 year old lawn mowers to brand new off the shelf lawn equipment including Stihl which I owned and ran eth through it for years.

Everything will be OK.

Sure it will run. All my Stihl (4 different items) required carb kits after a few years tho. If the fuel system is not set up for ethanol, it slowly eats itself up. ExMark has survived tho.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of ironic that the .gov wants to reduce fuel consumption by making everyone burn a less efficient fuel, thus increasing fuel consumption. Kinda of like how the EPA has added so much emissions crap to diesel trucks that they are getting about 40% less MPG than previously.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole Ethanol gas crap is a scam for them to sell less actual gas product for the same damn price. It does not offer the same mileage as 100% gas, it's harder on rubber seals & gaskets, it isn't safe for most all small engine powered equipment & in some cars it can cause engine knock. I have a feeling if they ever did this they would face major lawsuits. There are still too many products sold that specifically say no ethanol on them, my brand new mower being on. That would leave thousands of consumers & retailers with useless products. No doubt this is the direction they are pushing but it's a uphill battle for sure.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work on mowers and lawn equipment and the ethanol does matter on small engines. If you have ever looked at the yellow stuff on the side of a deep fryer that is sticky. That is what it does inside of a carb. I usually just end up buying another instead of trying to clean those out. the small ports and tubes cannot handle being blocked. Most of the mowers I buy to resale that is the problem. when storing your lawn stuff run them dry and empty the tank and about halfway through winter I will get everything out and run it. A month or so before the season ends I start running everything ( big mowers ect.) with fuel stabilizer in it. I haven't found anything that will dissolve the stuff left over form ethanol gas so if anyone on here knows I am all ears.

Latest posts

Top Bottom