2016 Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any coating and at what temp?
I cant remember if I brushed them with oil/butter or not. Wash them and bake them, might add oil to a few, butter to others and leave some dry. They dont dry out in the oven, they get real juicy. 10 min. at 400-425 I think. Beeh a while but its a method I read about on some recipe website. Very easy and mess free.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cant remember if I brushed them with oil/butter or not. Wash them and bake them, might add oil to a few, butter to others and leave some dry. They dont dry out in the oven, they get real juicy. 10 min. at 400-425 I think. Beeh a while but its a method I read about on some recipe website. Very easy and mess free.

Thanks. I'll give this a shot. I usually saute in butter...WAY too much butter to be precise.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm... How are they sautéed with plenty of butter and red wine?
egg milk wash bread with flour & cornmeal 3 parts flour to 1 part cornmeal salt & pepper to taste deep fry dipping sauce mixture of 3 parts catsup and 1 part mustard dash of horseradish be prepared to hurt yourself . Well tried to load picture said to large to process

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really good show about hunting morels in Ok on the latest Outdoor Oklahoma program on Public TV. It should be on their Youtube channel as well.

The mesonet soil temperature for mushrooms looks to be above 50 degrees(premium temp for growth) pretty much state wide. This week with the warmer weather should be great.

Last edited:

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I went out Saturday with about the same results. We found another dozen. I would think with the moisture we got they should start coming but the 32 degrees won't allow it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom