2016 Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmertarp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the rain yesterday the mushrooms are coming up good now, went to my spot today and started seeing them everywhere, waiting on my shroom picking partner to get off work and we're going to tag team them this evening, Cleveland County

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dangit! We walked through a couple miles of what seemed like prime country to me this morning - lots and lots of deadfalls, a mix of oak and cedar, some hills and gullies, didn't see a dad-blamed one!

We did see one rabbit, 2 squirrels and 3 nice big fat turkeys off in the distance, about 60 yards away in some moderate young-growth tree cover. The turkeys were about waist-high, made my trigger-finger itch abominably!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a couple dozen today. Old hot spot.

We are finding them in small patches. The ones found today were in a 50'X50' area. Walked a lot of distance seeing nothing else.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked my butt off yesterday all over 3 new spots that looked prime time...nothing but a ton more "kisses" from thorns. I have found this year that a hand pruner is 10X more handy than a machete in my neck of the woods. LOL I feel like they have taken me where no man has gone before.

www.mapleleavesforever.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_bypass_pruning_shears.jpg

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a chance to go hunt today up in Logan county for a couple hours on private property. Found enough for a mess. Could only finding singles for the first hr., was looking scarce until we checked a usually productive spot in some Ancient cedars, found the remainder there in a 1/4 acre spot.

The first few singles had been up a while and were starting to dry out. A few were too dry and weren't picked.

The shrooms in the Cedars hadn't been up as long, a couple had just popped and were still pretty moist.

With conditions looking dry for the next week to ten days, better get em quick fellas...

First one of the day, almost walked right by it...

i.imgur.com_Fj4DO5Y.jpg

i.imgur.com_MCVKPZb.jpg

i.imgur.com_lhjocCV.jpg

i.imgur.com_2Hf72wa.jpg

i.imgur.com_OOcS0A8.jpg

i.imgur.com_VfsNPwA.jpg

i.imgur.com_uMXO3Ek.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked my butt off yesterday all over 3 new spots that looked prime time...nothing but a ton more "kisses" from thorns. I have found this year that a hand pruner is 10X more handy than a machete in my neck of the woods. LOL I feel like they have taken me where no man has gone before.

www.mapleleavesforever.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_bypass_pruning_shears.jpg
Those wild rose or whatever they are can be killers! I walked into a stand once and got off track, walking into a bunch of them. Tried to just push through and that was a big mistake. Hate those things. Your suggestion is one step below a flame thrower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom