2016 Rio Olympics thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corruption, politics, pay to play, steamrolling (almost literally) of ordinary citizens, and almost zero to negative economic impact. Basically with the latest award of the 2022 Olympics going again to Bejing, there are no westernized nations willing to compete for the fiasco. They said to expect more of the same. Russia, China, totalitarian, and 3rd world countries will abound.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buuuutttt Obama tried! Lol.
Yeah, its a corrupt organization. Everybody knows it. Like FIFA the world soccer organization.
They require the athletes to be pure, yet dismiss that when it comes to accepting future sites for the games.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a way to hook up an antenna without running cables through the walls or the attic? Is there something like a small antenna that I can plug into the tv?
I just installed one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DM3L8XO/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

It's mounted directly onto the back of the tv and is essentially invisible even when looking directly at the side of the tv.

I could probably improve reception slightly by mounting it to the wall behind the tv, but so far it is working so well that a slight increase in picture quality or getting one more channel in a language I can't understand isn't worth it to me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Corruption, politics, pay to play, steamrolling (almost literally) of ordinary citizens, and almost zero to negative economic impact. Basically with the latest award of the 2022 Olympics going again to Bejing, there are no westernized nations willing to compete for the fiasco. They said to expect more of the same. Russia, China, totalitarian, and 3rd world countries will abound.

When big money is involved you'll have corruption and with essentially no oversight or possibility of charges it's the perfect racket. Your last sentence is about as spot on as is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find the irony of all the touchy-feely stories they dig up hilarious. It's as if the libtatds come out of the woodwork to enjoy an event that is historically based on warfare.

I will add that women's beach volleyball and gymnastics are pretty killer to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The politics of the Olympics has reared its ugly head early on.
We watched the opening ceremonies last night. They brought global warming in to the forefront and had kids carting trees during it.
Tonight, Bob
Anti-gun Costas enlists the help of Tom Brokaw to advance the narrative.

How about we leave the politics out of it?
How about we focus on the abilities of the athletes and focus on that?

The IOC is the only entity more crooked than Hillary.

Word of the Day: hypocrisy

Latest posts

Top Bottom