3 Students Hurt After Armed Teacher Accidentally Fires Gun in Class.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counseling? We never had counseling when I was a kid and it din't hurt us. Why would kids need counseling other than a group psychologists came up with the idea to keep their jobs? We're raising a bunch of wimps and dependent people. Children are resilient and can take a lot-probably more than some adults. The first thing they do after an incident is rush a team of psychologists into a school or work area to tell people how mentally harmed they are and "We're here to help you."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counseling? We never had counseling when I was a kid and it din't hurt us. Why would kids need counseling other than a group psychologists came up with the idea to keep their jobs? We're raising a bunch of wimps and dependent people. Children are resilient and can take a lot-probably more than some adults. The first thing they do after an incident is rush a team of psychologists into a school or work area to tell people how mentally harmed they are and "We're here to help you."
We had one accidental shooting and one suicide along with three or four deaths by auto accident while I was in High School. It was odd going into the classroom and seeing the empty desk where they sat, but since back in the day everyone was seated alphabetically, we all just moved one seat forward, and class went on.
There was no grief counseling. I remember a moment of silence or something like that, but no lives were ruined and nobody asked to be admitted to the looney bin over grief.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um.... WTF???

(SEASIDE, Calif.) — A teacher in Northern California accidentally fired his gun inside a classroom, injuring three students, police said. Dennis Alexander, who is also a reserve police officer, was pointing the gun at the ceiling to make sure it was not loaded when the weapon discharged Tuesday inside his classroom at Seaside High School in the coastal community of Seaside, KSBW-TV reported.

The Seaside Police Department said no one suffered “serious injuries.” One 17-year-old boy sustained moderate injuries when bullet fragments lodged in his neck, the student’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW.”It’s the craziest thing. It could have been very bad,” Gonzales said.Alexander was teaching a gun safety lesson for his administration of justice and was about to show the students how to disarm someone, Gonzales said.

Gonzales said no officials contacted parents to let them know what happened and that he was shocked when his son returned home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck. He rushed his son to a hospital for X-rays.

“I’m just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it,” Gonzales said.

Alexander was placed on administrative leave from his teaching job and he was also placed on administrative leave at the Sand City Police Department, police and schools officials said.

Monterey Peninsula Unified School District sent a letter to parents saying its human resources department, the high school administrators and the Seaside Police Department “immediately began investigating the incident, including interviewing students in the class.”

It said counseling was made available to students and that it could not release any other details “due to the nature of this personnel incident.”

Counseling❣️[emoji300]️!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When we had counseling, it was to help us figure out what we wanted to do with the rest of our lives.

Woody

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard similar to this when I read the story a day or so ago. I don't remember the news source, but in it they stated that the injury was NOT caused by a bullet or bullet fragment.

Just goes to show that not all news media are reliable with the facts.
No!!!! Say it ain't so!! :rollingla

Seriously, I came to that conclusion fifty years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom