A little sad and angry this Independence Day...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take this opportunity to ***** a little concerning the American flag. My wife and I mow a pretty good sized cemetery. Folks come and stick their Chinese made little flags all over the damn place for Memorial Day - then never come back. The flags end up just like the plastic flowers - blown everywhere the wind takes them, and ultimately on the ground.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what people say about people who don't tip their servers at restaurants...

5735690507_23d5b93c1c_w.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree on the shirts made like a flag, with the stars on one side, stripes on the other, yeah, they are disrespectful, but I think a T-shirt with a picture of the flag on it is ok.

And I do have a parch or two of the subdued thin blue line flag. But as far as flying it with other flags. I've only been guilty of flying it with a Gdsden, US Navy and POW/MIA flag, but ol' Glory is ALWAYS at the top of the mast/staff/pole.

And I was a scout as a kid and one of the first things were taught was flag etiquette and procedure and how to properly fold her.
Flag etiquette isn’t being taught anymore, hell not even mentioned. We all learned it as kids and at least I see it as an example to which I signed up to serve. Old glory is America, sad it isn’t taught anymore. Do they still salute the flag. We do in Yukon at sports events, or at least they do the star spangled banner at sports and graduation.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down you witnessed the Bystander Effect in action .

Yeah, I guess so. I just can't imagine. I didn't even hesitate when I saw it. It was like seeing a loved one lying on the ground injured or something, and dozens of people driving by with their head up their ass. :pissed:

Latest posts

Top Bottom