A little sad and angry this Independence Day...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At present we have a grifter in the White House that sets a very low standard for patriotism in our country-especially when the American flag is flown at a level equal to the LBGBTQ flag the flag of the United states is never to be flown equal to any flag.

4 U.S. Code § 7 - Position and manner of display | U.S. Code ...

No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.​

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree on the shirts made like a flag, with the stars on one side, stripes on the other, yeah, they are disrespectful, but I think a T-shirt with a picture of the flag on it is ok.

And I do have a parch or two of the subdued thin blue line flag. But as far as flying it with other flags. I've only been guilty of flying it with a Gdsden, US Navy and POW/MIA flag, but ol' Glory is ALWAYS at the top of the mast/staff/pole.

And I was a scout as a kid and one of the first things were taught was flag etiquette and procedure and how to properly fold her.
Flag law disagrees with you on the tshirt flag thing.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and the backwards flag thing...

:bolt:

No+Country+For+Old+Men+1.jpg

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Every 4th of July, we all (Mrs. GED's family) gather at my SIL's place for eats, a dip in the pool and fireworks at dark. Just good ol American fun.

Well, it started off bad.

As we were driving to her place, I noticed the local VFW had flags in front of all the merchants on our small main street, just like they do every 4th. That's the best part of the day.

Here's the bad.

Mrs. GED was driving, and as we passed one merchant, I noticed that the flag in front of it was lying on the ground. I immediately told her to turn around and go back. She asked why, and I told her.

We went around the block and stopped along the curb. I got out, gently picked ol' Glory up, apologized to her and proceeded to replace her into the mooring that held her in place, but it had a lot of debris down inside of it. So I rolled her up on her staff and was about to put her in the car, when the wife said, "you idiot! They'll arrest you for that!"

Thinking that she was probably right (she always is) I took out my Victorinox Pioneer and dug out as much debris as I could. I unfurled the flag and replaced it into the mooring. It held her "ok" but I was hesitant. So, I found a thin rock from the crap I dug out and shoved it down inside next to the base of the staff and she stood there nice and tall.

I gave her a wink and quick thank you and left her waving at me.

But what really pissed me off is the many other people that drove by her lying there and they didn't give it a second thought. Has America gotten that bad? Do people not see that as one of the utmost forms of disrespect? I guess I just don't fit in this world anymore. I was either raised with too many convictions or folks just blatantly don't give a :censored: anymore.

God help us and God bless America!

View attachment 390356
No, America didn't change, we didn't either.

When I came back home after my first patrol on the USS Michigan blue crew, I went to Francis Tuttle to visit with the teachers who got me there.

As I was visiting, I had a student throw a flag down and stomp on it in front of me (was wearing my dress whites).

The teacher with me I had to stop, I said this uniform says I am protecting his freedoms, same as yours.

Let him do it, and stood back.

Wouldn't you know he walked away, and as I have learned from my dad that when you confront people on bad behavior, often times they stop it.

You sharing your story said I can be more observant to things like this, and I will. I assure you I would have stopped and done as you did.

But that is US, and our values are not the same as others, meaning if you just do what you did, and say at least someone will, and that is enough.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, America didn't change, we didn't either.

When I came back home after my first patrol on the USS Michigan blue crew, I went to Francis Tuttle to visit with the teachers who got me there.

As I was visiting, I had a student throw a flag down and stomp on it in front of me (was wearing my dress whites).

The teacher with me I had to stop, I said this uniform says I am protecting his freedoms, same as yours.

Let him do it, and stood back.

Wouldn't you know he walked away, and as I have learned from my dad that when you confront people on bad behavior, often times they stop it.

You sharing your story said I can be more observant to things like this, and I will. I assure you I would have stopped and done as you did.

But that is US, and our values are not the same as others, meaning if you just do what you did, and say at least someone will, and that is enough.

Well said and I salute you for your service sir!

leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom