A Poll - Why Do You Hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why Do You Hunt? - Public Vote / Multiple Choice

• Total voters

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I first wandered away from my dad's watchful eye many years ago with my fly rod, I've always found my peace in the woods and in the stream. Whether tossing flies or hoping to toss arrows, I find the solitude of the outdoors and it's my place to get away and remove myself from the hustle and bustle of society. My wife refers to it as my release, I don't care what it's called, the highs and lows of being an outdoorsman can't be matched. Plus I really enjoy the meat.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I quietly sneak out into the forest with my knife between my teeth, I can feel the drops of the dew fall from the leaves onto my bear back as the wind gently whispers its call that morning has come. I slowly crawl up a hill trying not to make a sound and grasp the side of the boulder pulling myself up to a vantage point smelling the young buck below me. I can hear him rustling his antlers in the branches below me. I slowly take the knife from my month with my right hand, and steady myself with my left hand, being ready to spring and leap when the time is right. As I watch and listen, for just the right moment.

I yell out as loud as I can ‘get out of here! shew, hawww’. The buck starts running, what a beautiful sight. I then take my knife and carefully harvest what I came after Morel Mushrooms.

I don’t hunt any more, I have lost my taste for wild meat. I once hunted a lot, and loved to hunt. Now I would rather have a nice steak, or hamburger. Let someone else hunt, I am too old. I now just lease out my property to hunters.

You would not think that would you.

Mark

Mark’s Firearms

Latest posts

Top Bottom