A Range with Something to Shoot at???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen web pics of gun ranges with targets to shoot at, like animal silhouettes, pop up targets ect.

Does such a thing exist in the OKC area? (other than private clubs and competition shoots). And if not, why not? Liability, cost?

I guess I'm tired of shooting paper. I want something that moves, or bongs, or does anything but lay there like a piece of paper stapled to a piece of wood.

grphx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thunderbird range in Tecumsa has some metal targets you can shoot at with a 22 or pistol that is pretty close up. Also the targets that are 200?-400yard are steel and make a nice plink noise a few seconds after you shoot!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The range at Ponca city has Texas Stars, steel poppers, swingers, bowling pins, and lots of other stuff to shoot at. Oh yeah, we have paper targets too:D

grphx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just confirmed this past weekend you can bring your own targets and shoot at them at Tbird range. He said if you don't take your targets with you and leave them there, they might not be the same when you come back again though(people will shoot at them). Man I love that range, so much fun!

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most clubs won't leave their steel out since it's expensive and gets ruined quickly by people shooting the wrong kind of ammo.

All it takes is one person with a rifle and steel cored ammo to ruin a piece of steel for everyone, and once that happens the steel gets locked up for good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom