Academy new rules on Gun n Ammo purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish everyone would start doing this till it ain't needed any longer. People coming in and buying everything on the shelf is just bull. Lots of them are reselling it anyway. Nothing wrong with making a little money, nothing wrong with building up your supply, but DAMN......come on. I stop by the ammo counter every time i go to a store that has one....and even though i COULD...i don't buy everything on the shelf. I haven't bought more than two boxes of anything at a time since this started....and that's right in line with what i woulda bought BEFORE this happened. The guy at WM looked really surprised when they had some 45 acp two days ago and i only asked for two boxes when they had about 8. He actually asked me..."You sure?" LOL.

Thats the same reaction I got in the 2008 run.

I made sure I wasn't caught in the same situation this election period.

My advice is to wait until the prices drop to normal and make sure you have at least a year of ammo. Hillary is going to make a run and its all going to happen again.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? I don't understand the thought process in this.

Well my personal rule is I always get a box of something everytime I hit the store. I wanted 22lr but all they had in stock that I shoot was 5.56 so I bought it, and not knowing when I could buy it next, I bough 2 instead of one.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The guy at WM looked really surprised when they had some 45 acp two days ago and i only asked for two boxes when they had about 8. He actually asked me..."You sure?" LOL.

The WM in Cushing had some .40 S&W yesterday for my new to me M&P40 so I asked for a box and he said the same thing "you sure?" "yup" LOL gotta save some for the next guy. If they had any 5.56 or .22 I would have bought alot more though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on all the people who hoarded the .22 shorts to put them back up for sale......................after they realize they don't work in their 10/22's.

Not sure where you are but the other night the older Edmond Walmart had some 22 shorts.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on all the people who hoarded the .22 shorts to put them back up for sale......................after they realize they don't work in their 10/22's.

My Marlin will shoot it, kinda (feeding is spotty and cycling is hit or miss from what I hear). I wonder what capacity I could squeeze out of the tube mag running shorts. Hmmm....

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will be funny is off of the hoarder aholes get stuck with their higher priced ammo.

Thing is, Academy is selling ammo at reasonable prices for the most part; I've bought buckshot there cheaper than Midway had it, before shipping. It's a matter of time before the prices get hiked, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom