Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my very first brand new rifle at TG&Y,,,
I was 15 years old and drove my Suzuki 80 to get it.

The rifle was one of those "fancified" M1 Carbines,,,
With all of the shiny brass fittings.

The guy at the counter asked me if my parents knew about this,,,
I said, they did and he let me pay for it in cash.

I miss the mid-60's.

Aarond

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start....Sambo's(the last one was actually renamed a few years ago but still in operation), Fred Baker's, TG&Y and Aim.

There are still Gibsons and OTASCO stores actually.
As a back shift fitter, welder in Greenville TX, we'd eat at a Sambo's after work about 5AM on wesley street. Which was the main drag come night fall. On one end of the drag was a TG&Y, the other end had a Gibsons . There was a Safeway grocery, believe it was Daitchway before a name change. There was also a whites. Monkey ward and others that slipped the brain. That was when gas was less than 50 cents and hair cuts were 3 bucks.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent a lot of my childhood in denton tx I miss the Mr. Gatti's pizza and their big DLP TV's and Wyatts Cafeteria and their eggplant casserole and pecan delight pie!!!:drooling:
The Howard Johnsons and Steak and Ale's were easy to spot from the backwards facing jump seat in the station wagon.
Not quite as old but I miss browsing around in the circuit cities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom