American Culture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of hearing (in so many words) that Americans have no culture. If it's not said outright it is implied in some other manner. I know we have an American culture just as rich as any Euro Trash or Latin American country. I don't feel I have to list why, just think about it. I work with many foreigners in the wireless industry and I'm also tired of hearing: "Americans live to work, and we work to live". BS! Then why, out of the other side of your mouth, do you say we are lazy and undereducated? Why are we the first ones coming to help your country when a bus loaded with 257 people and 32 chickens jumps a cliff and lands headlong into some coffer dam causing a mudslide that wipes out 72 villages? Huh? Answer me that! It's so hip to badmouth America. Heck, even the President is doing it!

Next time you have some parakeet virus that is wiping out half your food supply...here's what you'll get from me: :finger:

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think historically our culture has been bailing out all the over cultured countries from their overdose of culture.

That's excellent! I'm picturing an outdoor cafe, where two smartly dressed fellows sit drinking coffee and discussing brutish nature of Americans, while the Garand wielding boys chase the K98 boys down the street and out of town.:thumbup3:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of hearing (in so many words) that Americans have no culture. If it's not said outright it is implied in some other manner. I know we have an American culture just as rich as any Euro Trash or Latin American country. I don't feel I have to list why, just think about it. I work with many foreigners in the wireless industry and I'm also tired of hearing: "Americans live to work, and we work to live". BS! Then why, out of the other side of your mouth, do you say we are lazy and undereducated? Why are we the first ones coming to help your country when a bus loaded with 257 people and 32 chickens jumps a cliff and lands headlong into some coffer dam causing a mudslide that wipes out 72 villages? Huh? Answer me that! It's so hip to badmouth America. Heck, even the President is doing it!

Next time you have some parakeet virus that is wiping out half your food supply...here's what you'll get from me: :finger:

The lazy American image comes from the media. If you want to blame anyone for that, blame our American TV shows. The rest of the world sees our shows and think thats really us. Stupid, I know.

As for Culture, that is really going to depend on what you definition is. If we are talking about stuff like "Immigrant Culture" (People who built this nation), or "Native American Culture", yeah, then we got a lot of culture. But most of the time, people arent talking about the culture, they are talking about a refined sense of excellence in art (food/scultures/paintings/architecture/theatre). While we, in deed have culture (ie we are not cultureless), we dont quite have the culture (refinement) that many European nations have. Some of those nations are literally thousands of years older than the US, of course they are going to be more cultured.

My advice, take the Euro opinion you are exposed to with a grain of salt. We must be doing something right, because by their focusing on what they have over us is revealing an insecurity they have with themselves.

While I whole-heartedly agree with your post, all I could think of while I was reading it was that new show Swamp People ... that and noodling ... ;)

Seriously? Heritage, yes. Culture? Bruce dont need no culture!

a1.bp.blogspot.com__BDM_oW8ZaN0_TH3lyLxNc8I_AAAAAAAABAc_JYxwom2d117cde7ff4eab080ba54e132c4d0a6.jpg

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes...they whomever they are want what we have.
I won't define the statement above as it's just my opinon.

:clap3:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sacre Bleu! L'americain vilain se plaint! Aucune culture n'est superieure a la culture qui a donne a ces deux femmes au monde!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM

et L'hymne de ma vie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVMdeBL8vtk

That's excellent! I'm picturing an outdoor cafe, where two smartly dressed fellows sit drinking coffee and discussing brutish nature of Americans, while the Garand wielding boys chase the K98 boys down the street and out of town.:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom