Another When you purchase a used car out of state questions ( taxes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to go to Dalla to purchase a car ( is at a dealership and no financing) the saleman told me they are charging me the sale tax for Oklahoma!( $1,8xx tax)
I thought you pay the taxes at the State you register your car at the time of registration,no?

Last edited:

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called the tag agency, they said there are two different taxes, sale tax and excise tax, and you pay the excise tax at time of registration. Learn something new.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When i bought my vehicles in Texas i paid no sales tax and you have to watch it cause they will try to charge you for a Texas tag also. But when you do decide to tag it in okla you have to pay a tire disposal fee at the time of getting the new tag just because you crossed the state line.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what you saying? The sales tax charge isn't legitimate? Is thecar dealer if make any different. This is the second time I purchase the car from Texas and I don't remember the sales tax from last time, only have to had the Titles sent back to the dealer to have it notarized.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1965.PNG
Never mind! I found it. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom