Any cabinet makers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a place in OKC called Moulding King where a person could get trim etc at a good price. Don’t know if it’s still there or not, I think it was on 29th St.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you're willing to drive, i know my boss found a mill in fayetteville that has hardwood ply for very good prices. I can get the name if it'd be of interest.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pardon the diversion.

Anyone got recommendations for a furniture maker that would cater to some custom demands?

I need something similar to these I lifted from the web. But no veneer. Dovetail joints, display drawers, possibly even a roll-top or pocket-door application for privacy when desired.

I see websites that cater to entire gunrooms but hadn’t tried any of those and would much prefer local.

Attachments

• IMG_6614.jpeg
    IMG_6614.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6612.jpeg
    IMG_6612.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw Dakota in my search. Wanted to get the resident cabinetmakers' opinions. Is it your go-to without exception?

I do a fair bit of woodworking, and Dakota is my go-to for hardwood lumber. Haven’t gotten any plywood from them, but I stick with real 5’ x 5’ Baltic birch plywood from M&M Lumber for that purpose. Very pricey, but worth it compared to the usual cabinet-grade plywood that’s available. Especially if the boxes of drawers will be exposed when open.

R Hicks

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't found Baltic Birch plywood since the Ukraine war started. I checked Phoenix hardwoods in OKC and my local Enid lumberyards with no luck. Tulsa is a bit far but next time I need some, I'll check some of the yards you guys mentioned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom