Any home remedies for wart removal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s kind of a gross story…I had a huge Plantars wart on my foot for a couple of years. I used to drink pretty heavily and a cool party truck was putting out cigarettes on it, it was big enough to do that and had no feeling in it. One night I was on one and got sick of looking at it so I took a pair of scissors and cut it out of my foot. Took an exacto knife and cleaned out what the scissors didn’t get. There was some blood! Cleaned it up with some rubbing alcohol and it never came back. The weird part was I also had some warts on my hand that had been there a while and they went away after I removed the one from my foot. I quit drinking a long time ago and doubt I’d do that kind of “surgery” sober but it worked, lol.
Probably don’t want to try that on your daughter though!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duct tape has worked for my wife and kids. I haven’t had any since I was young but getting them frozen off isn’t too bad if she can handle a little pain at first.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If all else fails, one might try Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn methods. :)

Neither Tom Sawyer nor Huck Finn knew much about medicine, but they mentioned several folk beliefs in chapter 6, such as using "spunk-water" (rainwater from a rotten tree stump), and you had to chant "Barley-corn, barley-corn, injun-meal shorts; Spunk-water, spunk-water, swaller these warts." Or, you could use a bean: "You take and split the bean, and cut the wart so as to get some blood, and then you put the blood on one piece of the bean and take and dig a hole and bury it 'bout midnight at the crossroads in the dark of the moon, and then you burn up the rest of the bean." This was supposed to cause the rest of the wart to disappear, but only if you chanted "'Down bean; off wart; come no more to bother me!'"

But the final and supposedly best way was using a dead cat. "Take your cat and go and get in the graveyard 'long about midnight when somebody that was wicked has been buried; and when it's midnight a devil will come, or maybe two or three, but you can't see 'em, you can only hear something like the wind, or maybe hear 'em talk; and when they're taking that feller away, you heave your cat after 'em and say, 'Devil follow corpse, cat follow devil, warts follow cat, I'm done with ye!'" That was supposed to get rid of even the most difficult warts.

Reed4ammo

Thrash Panda Supreme
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220318-084659_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220318-084659_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom