Any of yall had Jury Duty? How long does it take?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm one of the people who doesn't live where his license is at. Kind of a jerk judge though. Also doesn't that violate your 5th amendment rights ?

Don't see where the 5th has anything to do with not keeping your license up to date. The Judge was informing those who were out of compliance with State Law that in his court there could be consequences for wasting the court's time and expense.

From DPS website:
https://www.ok.gov/dps/Update_an_Oklahoma_Driver_License_ID_Card/Address_Change.html

Oklahoma law requires the holder of a Oklahoma drivers license or a Oklahoma identification card to notify the Department of Public Safety, in writing, within ten (10) days, of any change in their mailing address, residential address, county of residence, or name change.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a notice once. Some of the officers I work with told me to call the courthouse and tell them that I'm a PD volunteer to save me a wasted trip. They were right. The DA told me that I need not show up.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't see where the 5th has anything to do with not keeping your license up to date. The Judge was informing those who were out of compliance with State Law that in his court there could be consequences for wasting the court's time and expense.

From DPS website:
https://www.ok.gov/dps/Update_an_Oklahoma_Driver_License_ID_Card/Address_Change.html

Oklahoma law requires the holder of a Oklahoma drivers license or a Oklahoma identification card to notify the Department of Public Safety, in writing, within ten (10) days, of any change in their mailing address, residential address, county of residence, or name change.
Yeah but dont you have to admit to doing so? Seems like I shouldnt have to say anything if it would incriminate me. What does in contempt mean?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out of it the first time because it was my first week on a new job and I proved it. Judge just said my time would come again, and it did. I spent a week in jury selection for a civil trial. No lie, the case involved a tractor trailer of Lifesavers candy rolling over onto a kid and killing him. The only person they let out, and there were at least 60 of us, was some crazy lady that kept screaming for no reason. They basically tried the case during jury selection. Never seen or heard of anything like it. They called witnesses for testimony and everything. The trucking company settled on the 5th day.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did see a few guys that owned their own business that tried to use that to get out of it. They still went to jury selection, but ended up not getting picked to serve. I think they were only out of work for a couple days.

tonto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many things factor into how long it will take. First most things never go to trial so you will maybe waste a day, if it does, the sky is the limit.
If you want to know you will be picked as a juror, look in the mirror.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My number came up once for Federal Jury Duty. Called the day before and was told not to come in. Truth be told. I was looking forward to it.

Fed was really nice. All the chairs are padded and rock/swivel. Flat panel tv's in much nicer room with smaller groups of people. You are referred to by name and asked if you would like coffee and donut every morning. I'm nerdy in that I like to see how stuff works behind the scenes. I've done county three times and federal the one time. I'd do fed again in a heartbeat

Latest posts

Top Bottom