anyone work for or have a contact at a toyota dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I HATE buying a car from a dealership. I use USAA's auto buying service. I pick out what I want, (wife tells me) input the data to USAA, they spit out a pre-negotiated SET price, tell me which dealer to go to and when the vehicle that I (wife) picked out is ready to be picked up, send me a contract to sign (me) and send back along with a check for the SET price of the vehicle. I go to the dealer specified, sign the check over to them, pick it up, and drive away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I HATE buying a car from a dealership. I use USAA's auto buying service. I pick out what I want, (wife tells me) input the data to USAA, they spit out a pre-negotiated SET price, tell me which dealer to go to and when the vehicle that I (wife) picked out is ready to be picked up, send me a contract to sign (me) and send back along with a check for the SET price of the vehicle. I go to the dealer specified, sign the check over to them, pick it up, and drive away.
Sounds like a sweet way to do things. I HATE going to dealerships because of the way I get treated. We keep the wife in a new vehicle on a regular basis, but for me, a vehicle is not an extension to my penis.
I want something to take me from point A to point B reliably. Which is why I chose Toyota. My 95 Taco is still going strong, but its time to move up.
I was actually surprised at how well the Stillwater dealership dealt with me. I told them up front that I was going to have them build me a new truck, and then I was going shopping using their numbers.
No problem they said. Part of the process. My sales guy was very low pressure, and accommodating. If the OP is looking for a dealership, I'd recommend them.
Janzen Toyota.
I'm starting the internet shopping process tomorrow. I'll be contacting USAA. They carry our home, and other vehicles.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No joke? I just had to look that up. My 65 283 Chevy was the last time I've seen a cartridge style filter (besides antique tractors). And on my Chevy I slapped on an adapter for screw-on filters. while I had it out for a rebuild. That's a pain in the ass. My 2007 is the easiest oil change I've ever done. You can do it without even getting dirty.

I see you can replace the plastic cap with aluminum. I believe that would be the first thing I did.

I run Mobil 1 and good filters and go 10k+ intervals. On the 23 one of those & still ticking (literally, lol).

Good writeup btw.

My wife's 2007 Ford Edge is the easiest vehicle to change oil on I've ever seen. The oil filter is right up front, in the middle with lots of room around and nothing in the way. Drain plug is just to the rear from it. You don't even have to jack it up.

I change my oil in both cars once a year. Whatever the milage is, it just is. My wife generally drives more than me by a lot but lately they have me traveling to the county I'm working. Her milage intervals are 14k to 18k per year. Mine have been far lower since I've bought my '06 F150 5.4L but this year may change that. I run Amsoil oil and filters. They are good for 15k or 25k depending on driving habits.

I have right at 200k miles on the Edge and am pushing 100k on the truck. Below is a pic of the inside of the valve cover on her Edge at about 180k miles.

I really would like to get another truck that gets better milage, I've been looking at the new Dodge 1/2 ton diesel and the Nissan, but the price is far into the insanity column. :(
Maybe I need to look at a TACO or Tundra.

10904547_972646849434066_3160568725149954228_o.jpg

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been really happy with my '11 tundra. Only complaint is that it doesn't have a true limited slip diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been really happy with my '11 tundra. Only complaint is that it doesn't have a true limited slip diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old limited slip used clutch plates internal to the third member to lock up on a spinning wheel to put power to the one that has traction.
The new ones on the Tundra do the same, but do it electrically by using the brakes to apply pressure to the slipping wheel, and transferring power to the one with traction.
The old clutch systems wore out over time. This system will keep the traction control at its peak forever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom