are godless kids doomed?...and other fun stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In response to #1, I have to ask how many of these "doomed" kids are being raised with Christian values that may not be labeled as such. Whatever works - works. Does it really matter where you learn it?

For #2, I would posit that Islam as a religion fosters more violence that any other religion; in fact I'd say it fosters most of the violence in the world these days. As for my belief, I believe Islam is not truly a religion in any godly fashion since it enslaves half its population(women) and murders anyone else who will not submit. I would put Islam - which is its sharia law more than anything else - is atheistic, ungodly, cultish - probably more akin to a violent gang.

Therefore, taking Islam out of the "religion" category and placing it under atheism, the opposite is true regarding a correlation between religion and violence.

It all boils down to opinion; what a person chooses to believe. In other words, your mileage may vary.

Respectfully,

Woody

So you don't believe Islam is a religion? That's pretty ridiculous.

You believe Sharia law is Atheistic? Doesn't sound like you know anything about Atheism.

Last edited:

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being an atheist since the 5th grade, I can assure you that godless kids are no more doomed than Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jehovah's Wackos, ect. I've seen people of all religions crash & burn and destroy the lives of those they love, just as I've seen people of all religions (or lack thereof) become successful and accomplish great things. How well any human on this earth plays the game of life is based solely their individual strengths and weaknesses.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being an atheist since the 5th grade, I can assure you that godless kids are no more doomed than Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jehovah's Wackos, ect. I've seen people of all religions crash & burn and destroy the lives of those they love, just as I've seen people of all religions (or lack thereof) become successful and accomplish great things. How well any human on this earth plays the game of life is based solely their individual strengths and weaknesses.

Wrong. My success, accomplishment, and financial security was not based on my individual strength / weakness. I can trace it directly back to living in accordance with God's will. Although, it took several years afterwards to recognize it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. My success, accomplishment, and financial security was not based on my individual strength / weakness. I can trace it directly back to living in accordance with God's will. Although, it took several years afterwards to recognize it.

Same for me. It's always best to follow the makers operating manual.

Woody

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to ask - Where do Atheist get their values?
Great question. The short answer is values are evolved psychological mechanisms. The long answer is, well, too long for me to dive into right now; but this video hits a few important points on the topic: [video]https://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind#t-1096761[/video], and I'd be curious to hear your response after watching it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you don't believe Islam is a religion? That's pretty ridiculous.

You believe Sharia law is Atheistic? Doesn't sound like you know anything about Atheism.

For the sake of this discussion I put it in the same column as atheism because a misguiding light can be as bad as - or worse than - no guiding light. And, as I said, YMMV.

Woody

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same for me. It's always best to follow the makers operating manual.

Woody

Yep. 30 years ago I crawled back to Oklahoma from Texas to live with my parents. I thought I had been banished to the end of the earth. I decided to trust God and make the best of what I had. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I'll never leave Oklahoma. I now have a nice big house (actually 2 - one is a rental), a great family, I buy pretty much whatever I want, and I have more money than I will ever need for retirement. Glad I put my trust in God.

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to ask - Where do Atheist get their values?

Where did you get yours? I bet it was from the people in your life who had the greatest impact on you, regardless of their beliefs.
If that is not where values come from, then as some suggest, they must come from a book. In actuality, the latter makes sense.... My favorite book when I was a kid was Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and now days I fashion corpses together in my attic.

Seriously though, varying religions don't give people their values. In fact, it is the people who give their religion it's values. Throughout history just about every culture (again, regardless of religion) has known that it is wrong to murder, steal, lie, ect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom