Are You Beginning to Stock Up on Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think now is a good time to do a little prudent stocking-up. It is unlikely that ammo or guns will get appreciably cheaper anytime in the foreseeable future. On the other hand, I can think of one very clear situation where they will get more expensive, and maybe harder to get.

I have my eye on a couple of guns which I plan to exercise an option on before next Fall. I'm also slowly adding ammo to the pile at a faster rate than I'm using it. Just my definition of prudent.

I have a .40 S&W calibered pistol that I'm selling, along with the ammo I have for it. I was just noticing that I paid around 20-30% more for it less than 3 years ago than I would have to pay for it today. It could easily go right back up to that level and higher. At about that same time, it was almost impossible to get .380 ACP ammo and WalMart had a tough time getting and keeping .22 lr or .45 ACP.

Ammo is near-legal tender.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see ammo prices rising steadily, election or not. If you have the extra cash, I'd buy as much as you can, as often as you can. Makes me sick to see the guys talk about "the days of $125/case .308", and how some still have cases left. That was before I had a .308. I don't intend to miss that boat this time with some of the other ammo that's still "reasonable".

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get with the sporting goods people with the keys to the ammo, they do the ordering...

Was there last week when they had a shipment on the dock... one big ass box with a single box of .40 cal in it.

the thing with Walmart is that they get ammo all the time on their trucks, stock early in the morning, hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be letting the cat out of the bag...

Latest posts

Top Bottom