Attepted home invansion!!(yukon,ok)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on hte other side of Yukon and my wife and I thought we had someone testing the front door a couple of nights ago. Dogs went nuts and I grabbed the Beretta. No one there when I checked. Glad you guys are all ok

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you were all OK. What do you think kept him from actually entering after going through all the effort of breaking in? Sounds to me like he kicked the door in and ran rather immediately.

Maybe he was one of the "kick in the door and wait" types. Where they kick in the door then retreat and watch. If nothing happens then they assume the house is empty and enter to rob you blind.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks for a family to go through this kind of invasion of their life. Good thing you guys woke up in time to react & didn't get caught in your sleep. If your not a big dog kind of family & don't want to invest in a security system, grab a baby monitor at least. I use one not only to listen in on the kids at night but also I can hear everything downstairs in the house. You couldn't even jiggle the door handle without me hearing it. Helps us cause I know if anyone ever tried to break a window or open a window I'd hear them before they could get inside. This is very important for me since our kids rooms are downstairs & the master is upstairs by itself. I have to be able to get downstairs fast if need be. However we have dogs & nothing can come through our doors without our pit letting us know & she sleeps downstairs.

Now that is a great idea on the baby monitors. Those things pick up a mouse's fart.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a fellow Yukonite, I appreciate the heads up. I hate the idea that I have to wear a gun in my own house while doing stuff with my kids. It seems it is going that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom