Bad customer services - What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't really blame the seller on this - with your situation, I think I would have made sure I talked to an actual human before handing over money - but I will say that this comment would have $%$@ed me off.

It did $%$@ me off and it wasn't even directed at me.

Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:11 AM, Seller
That's too bad. An expensive lesson with autofill for sure.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on file with your credit card. You paid, you didn't get your order.

I was a visa/mc merchant for years and you can tell him that not reading his contract with visa was an expensive mistake.

They will pull the money from his account immediately and investigate, which means in 90% of the cases they'll just give you your money back and deduct it from his vendor account.
They aren't very merchant friendly when it comes to internet or phone sales where there is no credit card imprint or swipe.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with challenger on your credit card. Yes, it was an expensive lesson on his part. Even if you can't pick the item up it would have been good on his part to contact the customer and let them know that way other arrangements could have been possible. It is called customer service.
--Mech

with more information coming in I apologize. I made a decision before all the facts were in hand... and I apparently miss read something somewhere thinking you had called and also asked for pick up... hell I've had many good dealings with Mitch even so far as for him to go out of his way to meet me after I had missed the meet time. Man I don't know who would have been at your old house that reloads or even would have known what it was..

Last edited:

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some dvds from DVD Donkey, which turned out to be a notorious fraud (according to the webernet) and VISA stopped payment to them and refunded my account. I was kind of surprised, especially since the company was being run through Canada. So I've had good luck going that way myself.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll shed a little light on this post.

First, we are the company in question.

Second, this individual placed an order online and paid for shipping. His product was shipped to the address that was provided. It's pretty simple. If you place an order online, we will ship your product. If you want local pickup, why not pick up the phone and make a phone call to ask for that option.

I certainly would never place an order online, pay for shipping and then be surprised when it was shipped to me. I actually kinda expect it. A little common sense goes a long way in matters like these.

ETA: Unfortunately, we deal with quite a few people that lack common sense. It can be frustrating at best. My comment to him about it being an expensive lesson came after several communications in which he wanted to take no responsibility whatsoever. He even wanted me to file an insurance claim for it being delivered to the address he provided.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me get this straight - you gave an address to the seller, the seller shipped item to the address you provided with tracking ...

You are blaming the internet browser, the seller, the shipper - WTF?!?! Grow up and take a responsibility for your own actions.

P.S. Good thread to see people with common sense and without ... keep on posing.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the only the second time I can ever remember a thread like this on OSA, where I get to hear from both parties about the situation........refreshing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom