Bathroom remodel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get a few things done to a bathroom in my home.

Several years ago I tried to DIY a tub surround and failed. Now the surround is leaking and causing problems. Rather than DIY again I would just rather pay someone that knows how to do it properly. What I think will be the hardest part of the installation is that the tub surround will need to have a cutout for the window.

I would like to remove the current system, all the way to the studs as the sheetrock behind it is probably shot and have someone install the new.

I am interested in fixing this right, but do not want to blow a bunch of money as we are just about to sell this house. Does anyone know someone that does this type of work and would recommend?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If no one on the board does this type of stuff, I've got a guy that has done all my remodels on my rentals and the houses I've flipped. I may be able to dig up some before/after pics. All my bathrooms were always full gut jobs back to the studs and the only thing ever saved were the cast iron tubs.

He's Mexican (read "cheaper than average").

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If no one on the board does this type of stuff, I've got a guy that has done all my remodels on my rentals and the houses I've flipped. I may be able to dig up some before/after pics. All my bathrooms were always full gut jobs back to the studs and the only thing ever saved were the cast iron tubs.

PM me his number if you don't mind. I got some sheet rock that needs hung along with some other stuff.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

PM me the info. If nobody here does the work I will call him.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So because hes illegal he will take less?

Or just that Mexicans arent worth paying full price?

Really?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[/B]

So because hes illegal he will take less?

Or just that Mexicans arent worth paying full price?

Really?
I didn't say he was illegal. I said he was Mexican. That means he's not a lazy, white union member that thinks his labor is worth the same per hour as JB's. It also means he shows up on time and actually works a full 8 hour day or more if needed to meet the deadline he bid. Which if you've every hired white guys to do remodeling or construction you'd know 8 hour days and deadlines are a joke to them.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say he was illegal. I said he was Mexican. That means he's not a lazy, white union member that thinks his labor is worth the same per hour as JB's. It also means he shows up on time and actually works a full 8 hour day or more if needed to meet the deadline he bid. Which if you've every hired white guys to do remodeling or construction you'd know 8 hour days and deadlines are a joke to them.

Sounds more like your racist to me....Mexicans...as in less expensive....not some guys who do good work at a decent price.

Learn the difference

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds more like your racist to me....Mexicans...as in less expensive....not some guys who do good work at a decent price.

Learn the difference
Looks like you're ignorant to me. If you'd like to suggest some white guys you think will bid lower than a reference I give, then here's your chance.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agreed. The hardest working guy I have is Hispanic. I would love if he had 5 friends or brothers that worked as hard as he does. I took your statement as a positive, not a racist remark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom