Benchmade rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well damn, guess I've been bested by you, there was a reason I've bought several benchmades, their warranty, I've sent a few in, it's never been a issue, was always simple, I paid for a new blade and they fixed whatever was broke or wore, if it was beyond repair they sent a new knife in return, ya, as I've said several times, I got a credit from them, my knife cost more than that but I was ok with it considering it had been USED, I had originally planned on chipping money in on something else, but I was not given that option, so when they discontinue my knife, tell me they have a lifetime warranty and cannot repair, guess like the title says, IM GOING TO RANT, I got the closest I could get to my knife, but it's not, my knife had titanium liners, new one will not, pretty sure right off that's a downgrade but what do I know, I'm sure you can put me in my rightful place, so please, carry on

Not intending on beating you down. Although, after rereading what I posted, it would look that way. I honestly thought initially you were complementing them in a weird satirical manner. Just from the outside looking in, with no dog in the fight, I just don't know what else the company could do. It looks like they tried everything in their power.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you're just wanting more than you deserve.
They can't just give you a product they no longer make, so instead they give you $175, which will get you most, if not all of the way to a new product.

If you're upset with benchmade and don't like them anymore, I'm sure you can sell your other benchmade knives on here and go exclusively with ZT from now on.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo, I think I sold you a benchmade about 7 years ago.

I agree with most here, you're getting a free knife. They went above and beyond. Pick one out and enjoy it!

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're just wanting more than you deserve.
They can't just give you a product they no longer make, so instead they give you $175, which will get you most, if not all of the way to a new product.

If you're upset with benchmade and don't like them anymore, I'm sure you can sell your other benchmade knives on here and go exclusively with ZT from now on.
Well you have your opinion, I'm not wanting more than I deserve I'm wanting what I previously had, as I stated before I was prepared and glad to throw money in on top to get me back to the level of where I was, I really am not sure why that part of my story is just so dang hard to understand, the knives they have currently that were at the same level as my previous minus the action were all autos, so therefore I cannot, seriously though, that's their policy, they have always came through before and replaced or repaired, well, ya I guess one could say the replaced this time, not the same knife but I'm not empty handed either, point of this was me ranting about no longer being able to have what I originally paid for and given a lower level knife, as far as selling on here, sure I could, and get beat up on it, cause I would assume you would know, they don't sell any of their products for less than msrp, which you could go to any knife website and buy cheaper, nope, no thank you

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you have your opinion, I'm not wanting more than I deserve I'm wanting what I previously had, as I stated before I was prepared and glad to throw money in on top to get me back to the level of where I was, I really am not sure why that part of my story is just so dang hard to understand, the knives they have currently that were at the same level as my previous minus the action were all autos, so therefore I cannot, seriously though, that's their policy, they have always came through before and replaced or repaired, well, ya I guess one could say the replaced this time, not the same knife but I'm not empty handed either, point of this was me ranting about no longer being able to have what I originally paid for and given a lower level knife, as far as selling on here, sure I could, and get beat up on it, cause I would assume you would know, they don't sell any of their products for less than msrp, which you could go to any knife website and buy cheaper, nope, no thank you

They aren't legally allowed to ship a knife across state lines unless it is to LE/.mil or to a dealer, regardless of state laws because of federal law. If you haven't already redeemed the code/credit, PM me and I'll order it for you via my unrestricted account.

I'm probably about to be in the same boat with a Benchmade/HK Scorch Code 3 that has been opening on its own and has been discontinued.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't legally allowed to ship a knife across state lines unless it is to LE/.mil or to a dealer, regardless of state laws because of federal law. If you haven't already redeemed the code/credit, PM me and I'll order it for you via my unrestricted account.

I'm probably about to be in the same boat with a Benchmade/HK Scorch Code 3 that has been opening on its own and has been discontinued.
I appreciate the offer but I did redeem it yesterday, I don't think most people realize what benchmades warranty states, to me a knife is a tool, not a safe queen or something you just show off to your friends, and in those terms it's like if I have a tool made by snap on, whether it's broke or wore out, they repair or replace with the same or better, and benchmade is the same way excluding their damn blades, no confusion there people, that's my point this whole time, so please, if you are going to sit there after I feel deserved in ranting about it, and tell me I got more than I needed to, maybe check into their policy on their warranty program, and if you don't like it and the fact they say they'll stand behind their products maybe you should write them a letter and explain to them how they do t have to do anything once it's used, but, gabriel42, very much appreciate the offer

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you referring to this lifetime warranty? https://www.benchmade.com/warranty-service

Because if so, it only covers defects. Not normal wear.

WHAT IS COVERED
This Warranty covers replacement parts for genuine Benchmade products due to manufacturing defects.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This Warranty does not cover normal wear, damage caused by neglect, misuse or the failure to perform normal or necessary maintenance, disassembly of any knife by any person other than Benchmade’s Warranty department, or shipping costs for returned knives.

Do not use your new knife as a screwdriver, pry bar, chisel or punch. Do not throw your knife or use it for any purpose other than cutting. Do not disassemble your knife. Do not sharpen your knife on a power grinding wheel. Any of these acts will void your Warranty. MINIMUM CHARGE TO REASSEMBLE A KNIFE WHEN THE WARRANTY HAS BEEN VOIDED IS $20 PLUS PARTS.

Repair or replacement as provided under this Warranty is the exclusive remedy of the consumer. Benchmade shall not be liable for any incidental, reliance, or consequential damages or breach of implied Warranty on this product, including any damage to person or property. Benchmade’s liability under any circumstances is limited to the purchase price. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

This knife has only one use, as a cutting tool. Benchmade’s knives carry no warranty except as expressly contained herein. Benchmade disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose other than for use as a cutting tool. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description contained herein. Please review the Warranty information and proper knife care instructions provided with each knife.

Now has Benchmade replace parts sent in due to "normal wear and tear?" Yes. Because they typically strive to provide excellent service.

Doesn't mean they have to and from it sounds like they went above and beyond offering you more than they probably had to. You got your money's worth with the knife and seems like they've given you a great subsidy for a new one.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd probably want brand new, factory parts from the dealer for your 1979 Ford F-100 too, I'm surmising.

Get glad in the same pants you got mad in. They treated you way better than you deserve. The defensive posts of your rants are beginning to get old and childish.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the exact same knife back in better condition, but unfortunately times and technology change and it's just not possible to replace or upgrade parts at some point in the future and this occurs with EVERY PRODUCT MADE. You have reached that point with this product. It sucks, but you'll just have to put your big boy pants on and enjoy your new, 'lower' quality knife. BTW- I bought a Benchmade about 20 months ago BECAUSE of their quality. It's heads and tails above what Kershaw, Cold Steel, SOG and others are putting out these days!

Best of luck to you, good sir!

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you referring to this lifetime warranty? https://www.benchmade.com/warranty-service

Because if so, it only covers defects. Not normal wear.

Now has Benchmade replace parts sent in due to "normal wear and tear?" Yes. Because they typically strive to provide excellent service.

Doesn't mean they have to and from it sounds like they went above and beyond offering you more than they probably had to. You got your money's worth with the knife and seems like they've given you a great subsidy for a new one.
Well since you pulled it off the Internet from their site you must be right, I got my info straight from the source over the phone but I guess their customer service dept is incorrect, and for your information the liner lock was a defect according to what they told me, so once again that leaves just the blade as I've said all along that was just wore out, but you must be correct..

Latest posts

Top Bottom