Beta c drum mags for AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are they worth the money? Depends on what you are using them for.

Semi Auto? Man that is alot of trigger pulls.
Full auto? Man that is alot of fun.

I like 'em in 9mm, but then I shoot alot more 9mm than .223.

Does it work? here is a 100 round 9mm mag dump.

View My Video

Sometimes the audio and video don't mesh up. Don't know why.

If you watch the net, you can find them at good prices. There is a Korean knockoff version out there for around 160, but I've seen the name brand 223 mags go for 200 to 210 and their support is here in the USA.

Dave

That is awesome.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Canadian Ranges today and I saw a guy that had just bought one of those beta c 100 magazines. He was only able to get about 6 or 7 rounds in it before it jamed. All I've heard in the past is good things about these $200 dollar magazines. I was planning one buying one but after what I saw today I'm having doubts. It would make me alittle heated if I paid $200 for a AR-15 magazine and it did not work.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well when you need one they are definitly worth the money. Mine has been 100% since I got it back in 98...BUT I use a lot of Graphite.....and yes the capacity has made the difference between first and second place for me several times. I have seen several of them fail and it can be directly attributed to not using graphite. Kind of like blaming a gun for not working when you have never oiled it!...Seems to me the blame should be on the guy who didn't lube it. KurtM

So do you put Graphite on the round or do you need to take it apart and lube it?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The military toyed with them, but never adopted them on a wide scale because they couldn't get them to function reliably enough... plus if one jams in combat, it makes all 100 rounds unusable; whereas if you have a mag problem with a 30 round mag, you can afford to just dump it and load another.

They are a lot of fun though. One of my buddies just bought one a couple months ago, and it has worked great so far in his DPMS. He's blown through a full load a couple times with no problems whatsoever.

Mr300

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to expend a lot of rounds, just buy a mag coupler and attach 2-30 round mags together. I've finally come to the conclusion that spending $200+ for ONE magazine is just too much money.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone own a Beta C 100 rd drum magazine? If so how well does it work and is it worth the money?

My experience with them is that they suck a$$. Jamo-matic in semi or full auto.

Maybe fun as a toy for plinking or gaming...but not for social work.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my C-mag. but like the rest. Full auto, FUN FUN. semi, 3 gi mags do just as well. as for are they worth the money, now if you can get one for the price, then they are great to have.
Just make sure you do not get one that says "Beta C type Drum type Mag"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom