Bicyclists causing traffic problems in Sand Springs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose you are going to just ignore cyclists positive impact on climate change?

LOL whatever. How much energy was used from everything to mining the minerals to the actual selling of those bicycles and everything in between?

Fossil fuels is what did it all.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tag and license bike riders like we do autos and motorcycles, then build them a separate bike lane off the road where they can ride side by side all day long.
Like we need to more tax and laws
They just need to be respectful and get out of the way,
If they are blocking intersections then they are bring it in themselves.

I know motorcycles riders block intersections at times. When they do I just go forcing them out of my way.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno what your definition of "enjoy a drive around the lake is" but I am NOT driving a ****ing race car. And I don't go over the 20 mph speed limit. So jump down off that high horse. My point is bikers want us to "share" the road. So SHARE it. 🤨 And have some manners. Just like you want ME to have some. I've NEVER passed a biker when it was unsafe to do so. But I've sure been flipped off when I passed when they actively tried to keep me from doing so. I'm sorry y'all are so ******* put upon by having to SHARE the road with us damned motorists. I dunno what to tell you other than I don't drive around Overholser anymore. There ... You got your way. 🤬
I do the same. I’ll pass them idc. They will move even if trying to prevent you from passing. I do it with bicycles and motor cycles. If they don’t show respect then none is given

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had bicycle rides through Tuttle & on 37 HWY & HWY 4. There was a big fat female cyclist blocked HWY 4 & HWY 37 right hand turn on to HWY 37 for traffic light green light through red light & green light before she moved her fat azz.
Needed to have a switch and smacked that fat A$$ on your way by.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Needed to have a switch and smacked that fat A$$ on your way by.
The law was setting across HWY 4 to the East . Never did a thing. Wife said it was about 10 years since they clogged up the roads. Must have pissed a lot of people off besides me.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if they had moved over you'd have squeezed through without moving to the other lane? That's probably your answer about why they aren't moving over any more.

I avoid public road all I can, for the reasons being discussed here, but I've never really understood the hatred toward cyclists. I can see some aggravation when there is a big group that is regularly causing traffic issues, but I don't see a big problem with something like you just posted.

What about a tractor on the road? What about a piece of shite car that only runs 20 mph? I mean, when it happens, you slow down and pass when it's safe.
Yes but, they usually obey the traffic laws unlike bike riders. I will say I have seen hundreds of bike riders during my patrol days. I will also say out of these hundreds, only a few stopped at traffic lights and stop signs. They never follow the lane turning rules and often cross catty corner and across pedestrian only walkways never yielding to a true pedestrian. I have worked about 5 veh vs bike deaths. ALL of them were the biker's fault. ALL OF THEM.

I passed a group of six riders on NW Highway out by Surry Hills. I stopped at the red light, they didn't.
My finger might have flown when I passed them again I can't be too sure because I kept my eyes on the road ahead..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom