Bicyclists causing traffic problems in Sand Springs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as the SMV triangle emblem is on the equipment it’s legal for them to impede traffic. They can’t go faster than 25 MPH while displaying the emblem.
And if a tractor is on the road, it's 99% because it has to be on the road. It's not because the farmer is dressed in spandex looking for attention or getting exercise. He's working.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if a tractor is on the road, it's 99% because it has to be on the road. It's not because the farmer is dressed in spandex looking for attention or getting exercise. He's working.
Oh I don't know, a lot of tractors I encounter on the highway could get from farm to farm by taking county dirt roads. Just a little farther and slower. And rougher. But at least I wouldn't be stuck behind them.

Dudes wearing spandex sure does raise a lot of hackles.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I don't know, a lot of tractors I encounter on the highway could get from farm to farm by taking county dirt roads. Just a little farther and slower. And rougher. But at least I wouldn't be stuck behind them.

That's not all it raises, I imagine.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I kinda like seeing certain dudes in spandex. 👀👀👀

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you start paying your share of the road use taxes, And buy insurance, you might have a right. I seriously doubt the DMV GRANTS your the right to HOG & BLOCK traffic. Move your ass over. You want the general public to be courteous, then you people on bikes need to do the same.

Im sure most of the cyclists out there have a gas or electric burning auto - (or 2 or 3 of them) that requires taxes and insurance too - and because the demographic is usually not destitute - save for the poor dishwasher riding his bike to work at Waffle House at 3 in the morning - im sure they pay a fair amount

How about you guys with "assault rifles" also pay a special tax to have those? -- Special insurance too?

Kindly propose to people out there trying to improve their health and fitness or just hanging with buddies as they get in a ride that they need to do that after you register all your "deadly" black rifles with the police voluntarily and report it to your insurance company that you would love to have your homeowner's general liability insurance raised too

How about anybody doing anything recreationally that you dont agree with getting a "Special use tax"

Yep - im a cyclist - yes i own guns (even ugly black ones) and like this forum too ----- as a small business owner i pay as much in taxes as 5 schoolteachers

How about we add more taxes? - my right to keep myself fit and in shape is as much of a "God given right" as you old ****s claim the 2nd amendment is

- enjoy yourself

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

More of those arse clown bicyclist impeding traffic than tractors

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure most of the cyclists out there have a gas or electric burning auto - (or 2 or 3 of them) that requires taxes and insurance too - and because the demographic is usually not destitute - save for the poor dishwasher riding his bike to work at Waffle House at 3 in the morning - im sure they pay a fair amount

How about you guys with "assault rifles" also pay a special tax to have those? -- Special insurance too?

Kindly propose to people out there trying to improve their health and fitness or just hanging with buddies as they get in a ride that they need to do that after you register all your "deadly" black rifles with the police voluntarily and report it to your insurance company that you would love to have your homeowner's general liability insurance raised too

How about anybody doing anything recreationally that you dont agree with getting a "Special use tax"

Yep - im a cyclist - yes i own guns (even ugly black ones) and like this forum too ----- as a small business owner i pay as much in taxes as 5 schoolteachers

How about we add more taxes? - my right to keep myself fit and in shape is as much of a "God given right" as you old ****s claim the 2nd amendment is

- enjoy yourself

Ever purchased a firearm from a FFL, then guess what its registered, I assure you the price you paid for that firearm included a fee for paperwork that the FFL did regarding the 4473 as well.

I paid a large lump sum to the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife for a combination license, before that I paid yearly for a license and tags, if I want to hunt migratory birds I have to purchase an additional stamp, then there are land access passes for some places I have to purchase as well.
Not to mention every time I buy ammo I pay a tax to the feds to support wildlife conservation so anyone can enjoy the vast wildlife we have, even those who have paid that special tax.

I pay more for my health insurance thru my employer simply due to the fact that to receive a discount I have to submit myself to what I believe are invasive and controlling actions I have to do through out the year. They do offer discounts of gym memberships but none of the participating gyms are in my area.

Every time I pay my phone or internet bull there is a fee called the universal tax, I get to pay money that goes into a fund to give people free phones and free cable, mighty nice of me, oh wait I have no choice in those taxes, its forced upon me by the .gov

My point is all of us pay extra for the things we like to do in life, those who ride bicycles are not special and have no right to impede traffic. Same with joggers who believe they can run in the middle of the road and not have to move for vehicles. Go run at a park, ride your bike at a park, or on a road thats wide enough so you do not impede traffic.

You want respect on the road, then give it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom