Bud Light Lime a Rita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lime-a-ritas aren't all bad - like a margarita, pretty much. I don't taste any beer so I think it's malt likker in there or something. But they're not bad at all, just like the Chelatas aren't all bad, either. Especially on a hot day.

Those damn Limearitas will sneak up on you, though - trust me.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time we had the limearita, we made the mistake thinking it was a straight from the can beverage... It was so nasty. Pouring it over ice and letting it set for a few to mellow made all the difference in the world! Picked it up in Wellington, TX

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to head to Ark City and pick some up.

BTW, Glock, they have an awesome meat market two doors north of the second stop light on the west side. Best dammed brats and sausage I've ever had.

In the winter, I have to go to KS to buy the Coors winter ale. Its different every year.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried some that wasn't Bud brand. I was at the liquor store and the owner asked if I had ever tried it since I was buying margarita fixins and I said "no" so they recommended it. I believe its different than the Bud stuff since it's carbonated like a beer or similar drink but tasted like a margarita. It tried it and, honestly, it was really good but I couldn't get over what seemed like a margarita soda with alcohol in it. There's no doubt you could get in trouble if you weren't watching what you were doing lol. You can find them in most Oklahoma liquor stores.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife orders hers online I guess the are not supposed to ship to Oklahoma but they guy said said there was some loophole or something? Anyway there not to bad!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the Lime-a-Ritas several times and last week my friend brought back some Strawberry-Ritas, whatever it's called.

Lime-a-Ritas:
Out of a can -Tastes like somebody spilled Jose Cuervo "Just Add Tequila!" margarita mix in your Bud Light. In other words, nasty.
Over ice - Definitely the way to do it. Poured over ice into a chilled mug or, even better, a schooner glass with a salted rim.

Strawberry-Ritas:
Out of a can - Tastes like a Four Loko. I like Four Lokos, but if I'm going to drink something that tastes like a Four Loko, I'll just drink a Four Loko. Plus, I don't have to go to Texas to get one.

I like the lime better than the strawberry, but mixed together over ice beats just the lime over ice. I'm glad I tried them, because it's an interesting concept, but won't make a habit out of drinking them. If you've had the Corona-Ritas from a Mexican restaurant (frozen margarita with a bottle of corona turned upspide down into the glass), a Lime-a-Rita is a few steps down. Despite what the commercial says, they don't taste anything like a Corona-Rita.

Latest posts

Top Bottom