Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yessir! Mid 60's, .70 each and don't ask for substitutions.

That was the only burger I ever had that was complimented by a cup of hot coffee. I gotta have a cold Coke or root beer with most burgers (a cold glass of milk is great too) but something about a greasy, shiny Colemans burger, just paired up good with coffee. I dunno... :anyone:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never had anything at Carl’s Junior’s so can’t relate. Once in a while I get a great delicious hamburger at Whataburger but they aren’t always so tasteful.
I think the best are right at home. Grass-fed HB meat. I use a potato scoop like they use in cafeterias and sort of level the HB and having cut wax paper in squares put the HB on wax paper with another wax paper on top and use a large can to flatten the meat and then comes the grill. I like all the salad on the HB with mustard and Miricle Whip.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a guy on FB who drives all over Oklahoma looking for the best burgers. I put a few of them on my list.

Locally I still like the old Hamburger King on E. Main in Shawnee. Not as good as it used to be but still pretty solid.

I was there about 7 years or so ago. They were excellent then. But I always forget about them.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pizza thread got me thinking about my very favorite "go-to" meal, the good ol' USA classic burger and fries.

I've ate lots of different places. Some chain restaurants and some small town, hole in the wall, geasy spoon diners, and I must say, I've never, ever had a "bad" burger. Some were much better than others, but I've never left one on my plate and walked out.

I'm not real picky. I mean, it's kinda hard to screw up a simple cheesburger, right? I guess the worst I ever had was a Carl's Jr. bacon ranch burger. Of course, I'm not a big fan of ranch dressing anyways.

To me, if I were gonna describe a perfect cheeseburger, it would be cooked medium rare on an open flame, served on a Kings Hawaiian sweet bun, topped with Miracle Whip, French's yellow mustard, with iceberg lettuce, fresh garden tomato, dill piclkes and lots of red onions. Pair that up with a big pile of steak fries or crispy onion rings and an ice cold Coke or IBC root beer and I'm in hog heaven!

Some of the best burgers I've had actually come from some very unsuspecting places such as Chilis and Cracker Barrel. Whataburger is good stuff too. Especially their patty melt, muy bueno! But for a plain and simple no frills burger, I like Braums.

Now I realize that some of you here are absolute burger snobs and would scoff at some of my picks, but that's ok too. You do you and I'll do me. But I'm always searching for an awesome cheeseburger. So please, tell me your pics and maybe someday, I'll check em out!

Can't talk about cheeseburgers without our dear and departed buddy, who left this world way too soon. :cry3:

Smoked cheeseburgers medium well, cheddar, toasted bun, with thick mostly crispy but too crispy bacon… to me is the gold standard which nobody seems to make

Latest posts

Top Bottom