Bye 357 magnum, hello 10 mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a counterpoint , and With as much of a fan of the 10 mm as I am and with all the positives I have to say about it. (Including the Glocks) If I am to be buried with a gun it will probably be this one

An old Colt Lawman that I purchased cheap over 25 years ago long before there was any collectibility of these things, so I promptly had the gun parkerized and put on the Pachmayers In the interest of pure function
It’s been on tons of hunting trips as a last ditch sidearm - handles snake shot well on fishing trips and also shoots powder puff .38 full wadcutter loads nicely, and is heavy enough to handle irritatingly stout Buffalo Bore hunting loads

With a semi-auto, your choice of ammo is either hot, or hotter. (As I mentioned above, even a factory 10mm load moving along not much above .40 velocity is still pretty warm)

Just another reason I choose both —-

image.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like 357s and 10mm.

i have pccs in both too. I’d carry my 1911 10mm over my 357 revolvers. I need a Glock 40.

shooting 38 special out of a suppressed pcc is the most fun of all.

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big fan of the 10mm. Currently own a custom Commander with both 10mm and .45ACP top ends. Don’t think I’ve ever shot the.45 top end. Also have Blackhawk 10mm, am M&P 2.0, a 4” 610, and the new FN-510T (with the 22-round factory magazine and the Omega 45K suppressor it’s the bedside gun). Had a S&W 310 Night Guard in my hands once, but the guy was very, very proud of it.

That said, there is a Kimber 6S .357 in my pocket right now.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big fan of the 10mm. Currently own a custom Commander with both 10mm and .45ACP top ends. Don’t think I’ve ever shot the.45 top end. Also have Blackhawk 10mm, am M&P 2.0, a 4” 610, and the new FN-510T (with the 22-round factory magazine and the Omega 45K suppressor it’s the bedside gun). Had a S&W 310 Night Guard in my hands once, but the guy was very, very proud of it.

That said, there is a Kimber 6S .357 in my pocket right now.

Just sold a K6s. What a beautiful pistol and so smooth. I am selling off a lot that I collected. No one to leave ‘em to. I shot my K6s quite a bit, they make a nice revolver, never owned a Kimber before the one I sold.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love a 1911 commander in 10mm but it doesn’t offer enough rounds over a revolver for me. I shoot revolvers exceptionally well and like started snake, powder puff .38’s, to .357 to I’m smoking that big pigs a**.

More of someone would make a Glock style gun with a flat back strap (Shadow Systems) that takes Glock mags I’d be in like Flynn.