Bye 357 magnum, hello 10 mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot store bought 10mm, it’s the same as a 40 Short&Weak…

which is still pretty darn snappy. Especially if you complete a range session shooting a bunch of 9’s , then decide to close out the day by putting a mag full of .40 downrange.

My experience seat of the pants though is my old Glock 29 needed more Concentration to keep on target than a Glock 27 — but I didnt keep track of the powder charges or anything of the factory loaded ammo to make any super direct ammo comparisons.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the most correct answer however is to obviously keep and shoot both 😊😊

the Glock 20 (3rd gen sf frame) is currently the only 10 I have but am keeping an eye out for another 29.

I once owned the Sig P220 dao version , similar to @thor447 ’s rig he posted, but was labeled the GT20 (Guntalk radio commemorative version) - was out of work due to a crippling shoulder surgery which also made shooting anything as sporty as a 10 or a 357 not very much fun at all.
That was unequivocally the sweetest shooting pistol I have ever fired.
But it was an amazingly expensive pistol and I needed money

fast forward 5 years and I am slowly replacing a lot of the guns I sold off years ago. First to be replaced was to put another 10 back in rotation

compared to the Sig, the Glock is uglier chunkier and far less refined, — but was almost a third the cost, holds 7 more rounds and shoots pretty darn well

The pictured 66-8 replaces a model 19-4 2.5” I also sold off in that same dark time period

744671B5-E4B8-4322-BDE2-20E3B675B3BB.jpeg

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love 10mm but I'm also a fan of .357's so I won't part ways with it just because I have a 10mm too. As for recoil, even though I am not a Glock guy I had a, subcompact 10mm, gen 4 Glock 29 for awhile and the recoil my old wrists experienced was really no different than my lightweight .45 Colt New Agent. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 10s. Mandolin Witness and Rock Island 1911. I’m one of the weird few who don’t like Glocks. To me, recoil on both running hot loads is noticeably less than a 357 mag revolver.
I'm right there with ya. Not because there is anything wrong with the gun, only because Glock's don't fit my hands well. I can't get comfortable holding them which is why, even though I understand the reasoning behind it, I'm not a fan of agencies that issue weapons. One size definitely does NOT fit all IMHO.