Campus security? Really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a college campus earlier, which will remain nameless for now, and noticed a security officer walking around the student union area that made me feel real secure. She was a woman in probably her mid 50's, about 5' 5" tall and maybe 130lbs wet. I know size isn't everything but it would not take much to overpower her. The thing that really got me was how she was armed. She was wearing a thin, maybe 3/4" wide dress belt which had a small flashlight and what looked to be a FNH pistol on it. The pistol was in an uncle mikes nylon holster with the velcro thunb strap, and was clipped on the outside of her hip on her dress belt. Every time she took a step the damn thing flopped around like it was going to fall off. I am no expert in security but I know that that gun could be taken in 2 seconds by my 8 year old. Good thing they care so much about security that I have to leave my gun in the car. I will be contacting campus security this week. Have all the bills in the state to allow carry on colleges been shot down? I think its time to bring them back up. Also, what is the penalty for carrying on a college campus, the same as a K-12 school? Just thought I would share.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the penalty is the same as carrying at a K-12 school. It's a felony, carrying 0-2 years and a $0-5,000 fine.

If you have a handgun license, they could also choose to charge you under a misdemeanor statute that carries up to a $250 fine.

The penalty for being caught WITHOUT a weapon could be anything up to death.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the penalty is the same as carrying at a K-12 school. It's a felony, carrying 0-2 years and a $0-5,000 fine.

If you have a handgun license, they could also choose to charge you under a misdemeanor statute that carries up to a $250 fine.

The penalty for being caught WITHOUT a weapon could be anything up to and including death.

And the harm or death of a Loved One !

Sorry Barrister had to add to that.... ;)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

The penalty for being caught WITHOUT a weapon could be anything up to death.

I didn't think that was the case.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a college campus earlier, which will remain nameless for now, and noticed a security officer walking around the student union area that made me feel real secure. She was a woman in probably her mid 50's, about 5' 5" tall and maybe 130lbs wet. I know size isn't everything but it would not take much to overpower her. The thing that really got me was how she was armed. She was wearing a thin, maybe 3/4" wide dress belt which had a small flashlight and what looked to be a FNH pistol on it. The pistol was in an uncle mikes nylon holster with the velcro thunb strap, and was clipped on the outside of her hip on her dress belt. Every time she took a step the damn thing flopped around like it was going to fall off. I am no expert in security but I know that that gun could be taken in 2 seconds by my 8 year old. Good thing they care so much about security that I have to leave my gun in the car. I will be contacting campus security this week. Have all the bills in the state to allow carry on colleges been shot down? I think its time to bring them back up. Also, what is the penalty for carrying on a college campus, the same as a K-12 school? Just thought I would share.

RSC?

They aren't referred to as "wannabes" for nothing

If it is RSC this comment is so full of win.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! OK ... well ... I wouldn't be caught dead with that kind of carry get-up but let me just say you should never count out the 50-something year old women of the world. We were JUST discussing this very thing with some friends we ran into at the Outlet Mall today. Sometimes I would just LOVE for some bratty punk to get in my face. I have a lot ... no ... let me rephrase that ... I have A LOT of pent-up agression. Go ahead and get in my face. No ... I'm not gonna shoot you. Why waste a perfectly good bullet? BUT ... I will be glad to jump right smack in the middle of you, box both your ears with my fists, then hang onto those ears of yours and dig my perfectly manicured thumbnails into your friggin' eyeballs while you scream like a little girl ... :lookaroun WHAT?!?!?!!?

:D Seriously, doesn't that sound like fun?? :anyone:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all have a story like this. It's not that uncommon. CLEET 1979 we had an older lady from the Oklahoma Capitol Police(pre-DPS) in our academy class. On the first day of firearms qualifications it was discovered that all the bullets in her revolver were corroded into the cylinder. Her revolver was inoperable. The rangemaster asked her when she had cleaned it last. She replied, never. She said they had given the revolver to her, loaded, and that she didn't even know how to open it. Very, very nice lady but.........

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wasn't Rogers State University.

Personally, like BB said... I'd laugh to see her kick your ass. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom