Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't apply to Zimmerman because when it got to the point that he used deadly force retreat wasn't an option. He was flat on his back with someone on top of him beating the crap out of him. That would constitute self defense in pretty much every state in the union.

I think the question will be how accountable does Zimmerman have to be for creating the situation in which he did feel the need to use his gun.

In much the same way, how accountable would someone be for starting a fight outside a bar, getting beat up, and shooting the guy who was beating him up?

Unless eye witnesses, or phone conversations show up no one will be able to say who provoked who. The inability to prove who provoked who was what I was trying to say with my comment. That's why this thing is a mess. There is no clear bad guy or clear victim.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats stupid about getting attacked , beaten down and having to use a gun to defend yourself from Further bodily harm, or having your gun taken away and used against you?

.and Thats why he will Never get a Fair trial.....hes already been convicted ...

So you would do everything Zimmerman did from start to finish? the answer is no. He had no business ever coming into contact with the kid regardless of his suspicion. If you dont think Zimmerman didnt do anything stupid then well...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully people who make up their own facts and circumstances would be excluded from the jury pool.
Right. I said it and I meant it. People like me should be excluded from the jury. People like you should be excluded from the jury. The selection process is designed to eleminate people who have their minds made up.

Its interesting that nobody in the thread has mentioned Zimmerman's previous brushes with the law. That's good. That information is predjudical, and may have llittle to do with what happened on the night in question. To me, it says something about his character.

I'm biased against a man who assaults a police officer and commits domestic violence.
That's just the way it is. I am not on the jury and niether are you. Its a damn good thing.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you would do everything Zimmerman did from start to finish? the answer is no. He had no business ever coming into contact with the kid regardless of his suspicion. If you dont think Zimmerman didnt do anything stupid then well...

Thats just it.
Nobody Knows what actually happened...the Facts ...as it were
Were just hearing about some kid that ended up in a fight and got shot , the rest is conjecture,,,heresay,, at best!
Opinion...sounds to me like neither of them should have been there, some guy sneaking around , followed by some guy wondering Why he was sneaking around.
My point and the topic is you and many others have convicted George...no way he can get a Fair trial
And if you dont think Martin did something stupid ..then well....
I'm not defending anyones actions ...just answering that ...no way he can get a fair trial

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. I said it and I meant it. People like me should be excluded from the jury. People like you should be excluded from the jury. The selection process is designed to eleminate people who have their minds made up.

Its interesting that nobody in the thread has mentioned Zimmerman's previous brushes with the law. That's good. That information is predjudical, and may have llittle to do with what happened on the night in question. To me, it says something about his character.

I'm biased against a man who assaults a police officer and commits domestic violence.
That's just the way it is. I am not on the jury and niether are you. Its a damn good thing.

What about Martins facebook page and the gangsterisms( is that even a word?)
They are still showing a picture of a much younger Martin, and not allowing the facebook things to be entered in evidence.
HMMM, Maybe I'm a little biased of the media as protraying this young man as an innocent, after all, he was at his Fathers house because his Mother couldnt discipline him.
I probably wont be on the jury either

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're biased, I'm biased. Zimmerman/Martin could easily be just one more situation in which two fools met. I don't know.
At least you and I aren't going to be on the jury.
At the very least, Zimmerman should be stripped of his right to carry.
The right to carry a gun comes with responsibilites.
He's not up to it.

edit. It's worth noting that this guy would never have gotten his CCL in Oklahoma in the first place, but we are a draconian anti-gun state.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're biased, I'm biased. Zimmerman/Martin could easily be just one more situation in which two fools met. I don't know.
At least you and I aren't going to be on the jury.
At the very least, Zimmerman should be stripped of his right to carry.
The right to carry a gun comes with responsibilites.
He's not up to it.

Oh, I'll concur with those facts... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom