Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No fair trial will happen. This story was VERY public and everyone has opinions formed. I can already see someone in the jury hearing evidence that goes against what they heard in the media and think to themselves "Nope. That's not what the news person said, so I'm going to ignore the fact you just presented."

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, but tv, internet, radio... all that stuff is media. If you guys have some magical conduit to the truth, I want it too.

Many outlets of 'small pieces' to accentuate their POV. When put all together, seeing the ENTIRE 911 call, etc. a clearer picture is formed. Some report GZ as Hispanic, others only mention white. Some report wannabe but ruled unqualified wannabe cop. Some report 'ordered to stay in car'

Some report TM as the innocent, intelligent, young, black, good student. Some report expelled from school, with KNOWN felon, dressed in black, no reason to be in the location, hiding from patrol.

Each have their own agenda, so only report what proves their point. BOTH were in the wrong, 1. TM with a FELON 2. TM had no valid reason for being there. 3. TM fled when spotted by patrol. 4. GZ unstable, had no business being part of neighborhood patrol. 5. GZ left car for foot pursuit. 6.GZ looses sight of TM and continues into dark knowing he is outnumbered. 7 Confrontation, started who ????????? would not have happened with removal of any part. 7 wrongs don't make a right. One paid with his life. The other has basically lost his life, regardless of the trial outcome. There will be riots regardless of the trial outcome.

"All I'm arguing is, that (imo given the evidence we've been given) Zimmerman's argument of self defense doesn't hold water. He was chasing Martin which is an aggressive move "

Chasing? a person you cannot see, in the dark? I agree, it's a stretch to self-defense when staying in the car and waiting for the Police would have preventive the confrontation, but being stupid doesn't eliminate the self-defense argument completely.

A white teen is walking with a known felon through an upscale neighborhood in which neither lives nor are they visiting anyone. A black neighborhood watch patrol drives by. The watch patrol then follows them in his car. The 2 run and he follows. They cut through a park. He radios in and follows on foot. He looses sight of them in the dark, but continues on. A confrontation ensues. The black patrol shoots and kills the white teen. The patrol is found beaten and bleeding. The teen has no visible signs of a physical confrontation. ???????????????? Any opinions changed? Not mine. Both wrong. Neighbor watch patrols are a bad thing.

2 men, 1 known felon and 1 recently expelled from school, walking in an upscale neighborhood for no reason. A patrol sees and follows them. They flee and hide. Patrol pursues. Patrol is found beaten and bleeding. Expelled student is shot and dead. Felon is nowhere to be found. Patrol is found to be unstable, classified as unsuitable for police duty, has not followed instructions. Anything different? NOPE, Both wrong. Neighbor watch patrols are a bad thing.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So are equating "following" to "chasing" now? This story keeps getting more and more embellished.

well the "The paperwork revealed that Sanford police concluded Trayvon was running toward the townhouse where he was staying when the two confronted each other."

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-...ion-re-enactment-video-released#ixzz2W7iYSN2q

if martin was running and zimmerman was trying to follow, he would most likely have to had run himself. When someone is running from another person that is trying to follww, that's called a chase.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No possible way he gets a fair trial!!! Regardless of the facts that are presented during the trial, jury members will be intimidated into voting him guilty to protect themselves and their families.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No possible way he gets a fair trial!!! Regardless of the facts that are presented during the trial, jury members will be intimidated into voting him guilty to protect themselves and their families.

I don't disagree. His best hope is a hung jury. I wouldn't be surprised if the trial is just a big waste of money and time and the jury deliberations go much the way of this thread talking about what one or the other could have done to avoid the confrontation instead of what illegal actions took place. There will be assumptions as to what took place in that missing time and to motive, and I think there will be those who will have their minds made up and no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway them.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If stupid decisions disqualify legitimate self defense, we have a whole new section of stand your ground law that needs to be reviewed.

So if you think you see someone rummaging through your shed, you better just call the law and wait instead investigating the source. God forbid you think it's the opossum that keeps turning your trash over but turns out to be a meth head that comes after you. According to some of you guys, you should just stay in the house to avoid a monday morning quarterback of what happened should something bad happen. Just call the po-po to check if it's that opossum or a meth head. Gonna need more po-po's.

I disagree though that riots will happen either way. The only way riots occur is if GZ is acquitted or hung jury. If GZ gets the pokey, his supporters will be pissed but reasonable enough to not turn cars over and burn **** down.

BeesMan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way he will get a fair trial. The verdict is a foregone conclusion. Couple of days ago BET was airing some show in support of poor little travon. You think anyone who put that together would sit still for a not guilty verdict?

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree. His best hope is a hung jury. I wouldn't be surprised if the trial is just a big waste of money and time and the jury deliberations go much the way of this thread talking about what one or the other could have done to avoid the confrontation instead of what illegal actions took place. There will be assumptions as to what took place in that missing time and to motive, and I think there will be those who will have their minds made up and no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway them.

I was also thinking it would end as a hung jury. But I think the math is against him. Because he is not being tried for a capital offense, his jury will have 6 people instead of 12. That lessens the possibility of a single juror being able stay opposed to the other jurors and cause a hung jury.

I would like to think that the jurors and their families will be closely monitored for any possible threats and cohersion. The first sign of that should result in a mistrial. That type of activity should not be tolerated and swiftly dealt with!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom