Car Rentals @ Will Rogers Airport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I came home on leave was Christmas in '87 or '88. I was in Germany, and to save money I chose to use MAC flights. Basically, you go to the nearest AFB with troop transport capable aircraft and get on a waiting list for a flight "in the direction your headed." some got lucky and waited a short time for a flight that took them the whole distance, landing at an AFB close to their destination. Not this cat. I spent 10 days on several MAC flights on everything from a C5 to Delaware and a C9 medevac jet to Altus AFB. From Altus I took a cab to Norman. Getting back was much quicker for some reason.

Man, that is just terrible! Ten days! I guess you never took a MAC again. I always heard about those MAC flights being a good deal, but ten days...

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, the price was right. It cost $10 from country to country, and free within the US. Plus, since you are active duty they put you up and feed you while you wait. so my total air craft travel costs were $20.
If I had partied less and saved some money I could have avoided it.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will always be a loud voice for Hertz Car Rentals. Budget Car Rentals sealed the deal and later rescinded it, because my daughter is not 21. She has been active duty Navy since she was 17. A Budget rep eMailed her with an apology, but I doubt their sincerity, because it was Hertz that did the right thing and rented cars to my daughter and son.

i.imgur.com_vX2uVHZ.jpg

I strongly endorse Hertz.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the late '90's, I worked for Hertz as a reservation agent for about 5 years. Even I didn't know about USAA's code for underage renters. We've since retired, and now we do all of our banking through USAA as well. When we wen to buy our luxury fifth wheel to live in, the bank pre-approval we had received was rescinded because the approval was only good for something like 60 days, and it took longer than that to build our trailer to our desires. Our dealer suggested USAA for financing. I got online and joined USAA about 9:00 am and had a loan for our RV by noon the same day.

When I worked there, the best prices for rental cars were through USAA, especially for non weekend rentals, and AAA for weekend or weekly rates.

Pass my thanks for their service on to both your daughter and son.

(By the way, VERY NICE looking young lady.)

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the late '90's, I worked for Hertz as a reservation agent for about 5 years. Even I didn't know about USAA's code for underage renters. We've since retired, and now we do all of our banking through USAA as well. When we wen to buy our luxury fifth wheel to live in, the bank pre-approval we had received was rescinded because the approval was only good for something like 60 days, and it took longer than that to build our trailer to our desires. Our dealer suggested USAA for financing. I got online and joined USAA about 9:00 am and had a loan for our RV by noon the same day.

When I worked there, the best prices for rental cars were through USAA, especially for non weekend rentals, and AAA for weekend or weekly rates.

Pass my thanks for their service on to both your daughter and son.

(By the way, VERY NICE looking young lady.)

Thanks, I have heard tons of good things about USAA. I will show her some of the comments on this thread about USAA when she gets home, she is hardly ever here. No telling what she is up to! Haha!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, what a tease.

Talk about seeing how tiny the engine is and don't even provide a picture of the engine. Does you hand with wide spread fingers cover the whole thing?

Since you've failed at really being informative, go back to posting more pictures of your daughter.

Oh, and don't tell Been about her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom