CCW application question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fulton4495

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I was looking over the application for my ccw and on of the questions is "have you ever been, as an adult or a juvenile, arrested, charged or convicted of and crime, felony or misdemeanor? And when i was 16 i got arrested but it was dismissed of my record when i turned 18 my question is do i need to put that down on the application or not i dont wanna put down the wrong thing and them deny my application and have trouble getting my ccw any input or answers would help alot thanks!

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best answer I have seen so far is go ahead and put it down, complete with dates and when it was ex-sponged. If I were you, I would call the OSBI just to be sure before submitting application.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question is 'Were you ever arrested?' not 'Will OSBI ever find out if you were ever arrested?'...when in doubt include it.

D

Double Tap

You are disqualified if…
~Convicted of a felony (Unless pardoned from a non-violent felony)
~Adjudicated as incompetent
~False of misleading information on application.
~Convicted of following misdemeanors: Assault and battery, aggravated assault and battery, stalking,
~violation of the protection from domestic abuse act, illegal drug use or possession, attempted suicide, treatment for mental illness, habitual offenders
~Felony arrest pending disposition.
~Deferred sentence of a felony.
~Involuntary commitment for mental illness in the last ten (10) years.
~Inpatient treatment for substance abuse in the last three (3) years.
~Two (2) or more convictions for public intoxication in the last three (3) years.
~Two (2) or more convictions for DUI in the last three (3) years.
~A victim protection order filed against you in the last three (3) years. Or sixty (60) days from one being canceled, vacated or withdrawn.
~An adjudicated delinquent or convicted felon living with you and continuing thirty (30) days after they no longer reside with you.
~An arrest with charges pending for: assault and battery, aggravated assault and battery, stalking, VPO, drug use or possession, act of domestic violence in the last three (3) years.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was looking over the application for my ccw and on of the questions is "have you ever been, as an adult or a juvenile, arrested, charged or convicted of and crime, felony or misdemeanor? And when i was 16 i got arrested but it was dismissed of my record when i turned 18 my question is do i need to put that down on the application or not i dont wanna put down the wrong thing and them deny my application and have trouble getting my ccw any input or answers would help alot thanks!
When I was 16 I was picked up for shop lifting . I too did not know about this part either and I asked .Finally I put it down and explained that what I was picked up for and did not recall it being a conviction ( 1994 ) .I also put down just in case that I was picked up in 1997 in Texas for library book fines. Again I did not know how it would affect my app. Well long story short I wrote it all down and asked the lady at the OCSO when I filed it and she said they were going to do a back ground check anyways and it is good to list it anyways. After about 47 day I got my letter in the mail and said I was approved. Hope this helps.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The questions asks for all arrests and that means you would have to put this down. If you are under 28 they will do a juvenile records check. Failure to disclose all arrests and the outcome of the arrests is a crime and grounds for denial. The SDA is real clear on this if you just read the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom