Charleston Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How Many readers, Carry in Church?

I am a Methodist and just for the first time, read the Methodist book of Resolutions - Resolution #3426 (gun violence) last adopted in 2008. It states that all Methodist Church's in the World, are gun free zones. It also has many statements that I was not aware of, and as a Methodist I for sure don't agree with. There has never been a discussion in our local church about Self Defense license holders carrying in Church. I know that several members are licensed to carry. What is your Church policy on carrying while on Church property.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How Many readers, Carry in Church?

I am a Methodist and just for the first time, read the Methodist book of Resolutions - Resolution # 5001 last adopted in 2008. It states that all Methodist Church's in the World, are gun free zones. It also has many statements that I was not aware of, and as a Methodist I for sure don't agree with. There has never been a discussion in our local church about Self Defense license holders carrying in Church. I know that several members are licensed to carry. What is your Church policy on carrying while on Church property.

I carry everyday, Sunday is no exception. I'm not sure I've ever seen a gun buster sign at any church.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry everyday, Sunday is no exception. I'm not sure I've ever seen a gun buster sign at any church.

Only one I've ever seen at a church was at Crossings Community Church in OKC and it said "The open carry of firearms is prohibited on these premises"
Didn't mention concealed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom