Charleston Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing shooter didn't try that crap in our church. I'm guessing 10% of the men there carry.
I counted 4 marked OCSO cars parked outside our church every Sunday as well as another 4 or 5 plainclothes inside. Plus the indivduals that also carry. This shooting in Charleston is an absolute tragedy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
maybe all, maybe none. Impossible to say for sure. Talk of absolutes either way is ridiculous. (and that isn't directed at you personally, just a statement of fact)

That's correct. The person/persons with CC could have been the first to be shot.
I'd rather stack the odds in my favor vs rely on the safety that a gun free zone offers.
You?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think heard where he reloaded 5 times...............provided the CCer wasn't one of the first ones down.......there was a chance during the reloads.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How Many readers, Carry in Church?

I am a Methodist and just for the first time, read the Methodist book of Resolutions - Resolution #3426 (gun violence) last adopted in 2008. It states that all Methodist Church's in the World, are gun free zones. It also has many statements that I was not aware of, and as a Methodist I for sure don't agree with. There has never been a discussion in our local church about Self Defense license holders carrying in Church. I know that several members are licensed to carry. What is your Church policy on carrying while on Church property.

I am a Catholic and in this Diocese (of Oklahoma City under Archbishop Paul Coakley) the policy is no guns in Church. The policy was put in place after the open carry provision was added to OK law. I choose to in no way challenge the Archbishop's right to determine policy for his archdicese by openly carrying in Church. There are no metal detectors or searchs at the door, and what I do in private or under concealment is my business.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How Many readers, Carry in Church?

I am a Methodist and just for the first time, read the Methodist book of Resolutions - Resolution #3426 (gun violence) last adopted in 2008. It states that all Methodist Church's in the World, are gun free zones. It also has many statements that I was not aware of, and as a Methodist I for sure don't agree with. There has never been a discussion in our local church about Self Defense license holders carrying in Church. I know that several members are licensed to carry. What is your Church policy on carrying while on Church property.

I carry everyday. We have a couple of Ladies at Church who will hug me and check to see if I am armed. I gave up years ago trying to keep them from doing that. Now I just enjoy the hug and they seem happy, so all is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom