Cheaper than dirt continues to offend gun owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got me when I saw the shotguns for sale on the cover of the catalog then logged onto the website where all the guns have been removed and if you follow an outside link to a gun for sale on their site it says "Cheaper Than Dirt does not sell firearms" in red letters next to the picture. Awesome, guess they aren't sure what they sell and for how much. Frankly I'm tired of CTD's crap and have started buying through other sources. The only benefit I got from CTD was the fast shipping, their prices were no cheaper than anyone else.

CTD does not have an FFL to sell guns! If you order they are drop shipped from somebody else to your FFL. They make a couple bucks for advertising.

This is kind of a little known secret about CTD!
Probably 75-80% of the items they advertise, they do not own or have in their posession.
These warehouses spread across the country do not belong to them.
They are other distributors and manufacturers that drop ship and give CTD a cut for advertising.

Thats why when you see an item available from warehouses A,B,C and each are different prices
thats cause its 3 different companies selling the stuff.

Guns are probably from some place like Davidson's Gallery of Guns.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a difference in gougers...

An individual shooter in the sport, selling off what he has gotten a good deal on for profit can be considered gouging... But someone mentioned the gold/silver analogy the other day... Just because I got a good deal, doesn't mean you are entitled to it. It's gouging yes, but that's the beauty of the free market.

I think it's ridiculous to ask (or threaten like some have on this site) a dealer, who makes their living selling these items, to take a cut in profits when clearly the consumer is setting the high prices. I think we should support our OSA dealers, at current market value, before you throw money at the cheapest strangers, who are still making money off of you. Honestly, how many great deals have you seen FBT, BANG, Franson, ect... put out there for us OSA shooters??? now we cry foul when the market changes and forget completely about those smoking deals? It's hypocrisy in it's finest form.

SO TRUE!!!!!! Im not a dealer and dont plan to be. What some of you whiners dont realize is that some of us are laughing our collective you know whats off at your whining. Sure I wish I had some more time to put a few more things back but if you really needed it you would have made it a priority back when prices were lower. To demonize a dealer for selling to someone who doesnt mind the price and wont give them grief about it when the deal is done is kind of silly. If you want it, shut up and buy it. If you dont want it, shut up and keep your money.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fail to comprehend all y'all complaining about people complaining about price gouging. It's not like they're reaching into your pockets to pay those inflated prices! Of course, it's your right to complain about the complainers complaining about others I guess! LOL :D

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fail to comprehend all y'all complaining about people complaining about price gouging. It's not like they're reaching into your pockets to pay those inflated prices! Of course, it's your right to complain about the complainers complaining about others I guess! LOL :D

It's a complainer feedback loop!

"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

Latest posts

Top Bottom