Child custody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not trying to be rude, but if I was the judge, I would of looked at your sister and figure she was a bad mother for having a kids with the guy and staying for a year.
I think your sister needs to get her act straight to prove that the father is danger to the child, in comparison to being with her.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not trying to be rude, but if I was the judge, I would of looked at your sister and figure she was a bad mother for having a kids with the guy and staying for a year.
I think your sister needs to get her act straight to prove that the father is danger to the child, in comparison to being with her.
It's sad to say but I agree with you. I am sure that is what the judge thought as well. She was an idiot die ever being with him. But what's done is done. I just want what's best for my nephew. Not my sister. And whether she stayed or not the guy is still unfit for any child. And the judge didn't even care. He didn't even take the time to make sure his home would be safe. And to send a little baby with some loser and his live in girlfriend whom he has only known about a month is even more pathetic. She could be a meth head and the judge would never know until something bad happens. And I guarantee something will Happen to my nephew. I am scared to death for him. And he doesn't even know his dad. He will be taken away from my sister and thrown into a home with strangers. Because even when she lived with him the guy had nothing to do with his son. And the judge said that my sister has to drop him off on Friday at 6 and then the guy brings him back on Sunday. So even if he was drunk it won't matter. Once my sister leaves he will get drunk if he hadn't already.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about tribal courts, but when I got a divorce and sat in the courtroom all day to be the last case of the day, I heard so many stories from both men and women trying to make their soon to be ex spouse into a dirty perverted drug/drunk so they could get full custody, that I understand why the judge in this case interrupted her.
She may have been 100% correct, but one has to prove without a doubt that the soon to be ex spouse is actually how the other spouse paints them. Standing before a judge with unsubstantial evidence will always fail.
She had 100% proof he is unfit. He has been arrested more than once for driving intoxicated while his kids were in the car and he only got probation. She has many pictures of him passed out drunk at the house while his other kids just do whatever they want. When she tried to explain this the judge said he didn't want to hear it. He said since she was living with him it didn't matter. He only wanted to know what the guy has done since she moved out. And even then he wouldn't let her speak hardly.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister hired a child custody lawyer today. Something she should have done to begin with. She looked over the documents of the decision and some papers were filed by her ex that according to the tribes rules made the case to where it couldn't be dismissed. So now the only hope my sister has is to try and get another trial. But with a judge that is that big of a jerk I don't see it happening. He obviously don't care about my nephews well being. So as of now my sister had to drop my nephew off at 6 tomorrow. Hopefully everything is fine. And hopefully everything works out.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your sister has the right to go in the home and inspect it. If she doesn't feel it is safe she cannot leave the child. If she does and something happens, she will be charged with child endangerment the same as if she just dropped him off with strangers. This is all explained in the divorce parenting class(if they were ever married).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a mess. Out of curiosity what tribe?

I wish I had some answers but judges do report to SOMEBODY. I don't know whether they are elected or appointed but, I'd be figuring out that angle, though it's going to be hard to do anything that brings tangible results. But he does have a boss somewhere...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take NO excuses ..protect your child
Find out who the Sheriff is and become Close friends...Deputys too
Tribe or no tribe , do not leave your child if you can show its not a good home
Child support wasnt mentioned, take everything you can get
Put DHS on to him, Sheriff will help you with Welfare checks
I am not a lawyer, but I have been there.....Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom